Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Getting started in kettlebell training

Hi Blarg
I ordered both Steve Cotter's encycopedia's on your recommendation. The kettlebells are being delivered on tuesday hopefully.

Have you seen Extreme Kettlebell Workout ?
Old 10-12-2007, 06:02 PM

I have not seen Cotter's encyclopedias. The ones I have are his FullKOntact videos. I've heard good things about the encyclopedias, but if I created any impression that I have seen them, I apologize.

I haven't seen the DVD's you're talking about. The four I have seen are the original RKC DVD, the follow-up (Red cover, forget the name, but it's not the ETK one), one you can download online from a guy named Andrey who is a very nice Russian guy who does girevoy sport, a kettlebell lifting sport; and Cotters's two FullKOntact videos.

Hope you enjoy the KB's! Most everyone seems to. Start slow and master flipping the bell over so it gets really smooth and doesn't bang the hell out of your arm. Give us a trip report!
Old 10-12-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check out Steve Cotter's FullKOntact.com for his video samples. He has a two volume encyclopedia out, and also two others(I have them, they're great) with an emphasis on preparing the body for fighting/fighting sports with kettlebells.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmmm this is slightly misleading loooool nevermind [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 06:37 PM

Heh sorry. I didn't see it could be read that way at the time. Oh well, from what I've heard at any rate, the ones you're getting should be pretty good. And there sure will be a ton of exercises there.

As the OP noted though, don't expect high production values. Which can be a little off-putting at first blush. But the guy is a solid athlete, even gifted, and if his encyclopedias are as good as his FullKOntact vids, your money won't have been ill-spent.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I ordered both Steve Cotter's encycopedia's

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered both encyclopedias and posted on them here.

I'm happy with them.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Blarg
I ordered both Steve Cotter's encycopedia's on your recommendation. The kettlebells are being delivered on tuesday hopefully.

Have you seen Extreme Kettlebell Workout ?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, what do you think of Cotter's encyclopedias?
Old 11-01-2007, 07:58 PM

So far I've only seen the introduction, the chapters on swings and the turkish get up lunge style. The program guide is quite advance for me as I don't know what most of the excercises are yet. From what I've seen I think I'm pretty impressed.
Anyway I've decided to stick with the enterthekettlebell program for now, it's excellent for beginners IMO everyone should start on this. It only covers the swing, the get up, the clean, the press and the snatch. I'm following the "rite of passage" program which tells you step by step what to do which is really simple but highly affective.