Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Hand Against Rugby: 100/200. I\'m not telling you what I have yet

hey all,

i [censored] up the HH was doing it from memory. flop was Ad 7s 9s. the turn was the 8s that made the flush and the river was an offsuit T.

i knew i was messing up the hand but couldn't remember how: turns out the flush got there on the turn not river. that sucks because I think it significantly changes the hand and makes a lot of the past discussion moot: what do people think of the hand now? seems like more of a call given that I can't have a flush right?

-FWF
Old 10-01-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did, but either it's a secret or it's not imo. Can't edit previous post.

[/ QUOTE ]

someone just ban ffs
Old 10-01-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey all,

i [censored] up the HH was doing it from memory. flop was Ad 7s 9s. the turn was the 8s that made the flush and the river was an offsuit T.

i knew i was messing up the hand but couldn't remember how: turns out the flush got there on the turn not river. that sucks because I think it significantly changes the hand and makes a lot of the past discussion moot: what do people think of the hand now? seems like more of a call given that I can't have a flush right?

-FWF

[/ QUOTE ]

You also got the flop bet amount wrong which changes the relative size of the bet on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Your line is much weaker, and a bluff is a much more viable option for him given the new hand, so I think you have to call with QJ now.

Honestly I'm having trouble pretending the first hand never happened while ignoring the results and putting myself into the new hand. Whatever I say will be bias at this point, so i can't really say what I would do with a bare jack.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
can we ever bluff push this river ? like if we have Asxo and we push, how could he think we were ever bluffing

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm glad there's someone else as sick as me out there

if anyone can lay down the third nuts or second nuts, it's aba

[/ QUOTE ]high five
Old 10-01-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hey all,

-FWF

[/ QUOTE ]

You also got the flop bet amount wrong which changes the relative size of the bet on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Your line is much weaker, and a bluff is a much more viable option for him given the new hand, so I think you have to call with QJ now.

Honestly I'm having trouble pretending the first hand never happened while ignoring the results and putting myself into the new hand. Whatever I say will be bias at this point, so i can't really say what I would do with a bare jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i totally agree with this post.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:06 PM

first of all i agree with the people who say you probably don't have a flush, given your bet size on the flop. second, i think a 3 bet all in should be considered, would be nice if you had a little more in your stack though. depending, he could fold a flush.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
first of all i agree with the people who say you probably don't have a flush, given your bet size on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

you think ariel is this exploitable?
Old 10-01-2007, 07:18 PM

i disagree completely ansky. there is no law that says ariel has to make every bet size with every type of hand in the hand range. not for metagame, not for any reason, not to be this broad word "unexploitable". maybe against rugby it just makes sense to only bet pot size with a flush draw
Old 10-01-2007, 07:52 PM

the problem with shoving as a bluff is that IF you are out of line enough to be capable of doing it, its probably evident in other hands and im sure your FE goes way down.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i disagree completely ansky. there is no law that says ariel has to make every bet size with every type of hand in the hand range. not for metagame, not for any reason, not to be this broad word "unexploitable". maybe against rugby it just makes sense to only bet pot size with a flush draw

[/ QUOTE ]

If it becomes so easy for someone to say that he can't have a flush draw on the flop, then I don't see how you can say that it's ok to vary his bets in this spot.