Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-20-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on al

wrong, because what happens if he bets more than 50k? would u call 100k as well, or 150k? obv. he wouldnt bet that much after knowing his ACTUAL hand, but the pot is 91k after we call his turnbet and MAYBE he ACTUALLY has the nuts.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He is from Longwood, TX as per his bio. I've heard Gabe say this also, and Longview is close to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Longworth, not Longwood. A little west of Abilene.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm...pretty sure gabe said "Longview"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. The idea is that Gabe was mistaken, that Doyle is actually from Longworth, not Longview.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
some arguments wouldnt hurt, cuase I think IN THIS SITUATION VS GOLD it was a great play (regardless of the fact that he might not have been aware of it, but everyone who argues that way without ever having even met this guy is clearly too full of himself)

and btw. another advantage that Guy has is that he`s prolly the only one at the table who doesnt care losing a big hand vs GOLD. Like others have pointed out already, many of the players would be extra-pissed if they lose a big pot to Gold, Guy might be the only one who would able to ignore all his crap-talk and fully trust his instincts, cause 1 Million more or less is not gonna hurt him at all. So why not follow it, he doesnt seem like a guy who would commit suicide if his poker-ego gets hurt after being wrong in a poker-hand vs an idiot who is hated by almost everyone (as opposed by Farha, who couldnt pull the trigger in the AA hand). There`s no downside to the reraise imo, and if you think there is, let me know why! Of course if you would lay Jacks down to Golds raise on the river, it`s a valid argument, but as we know it wouldve been the wrong play then in almost any case, cause he`s got only 5 outs and even if he hits one of them he wouldnt put in another bet after our reraise on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but the point is that guy accidentally made the perfect play. if jamie's cards were face up guy would almost certainly have just bet, because he would never expect jamie to call a check/raise with his hand. he does not understand poker on a deep level, there is no argument about this.

99% of the time the hand ends on the turn with guy winning the pot. a much more profitable line (in the long run) against Jamie is to check/call and I believe 100% the thought of checking to induce a bluff never crossed his mind.

this was more likely guy's thought process:

oh crap...i shouldn't have checked...why in the world did I do that? I have an overpair...crap crap crap...omg he bet, yes! thank god. this makes up for my accidental turn check...hmm, 3 x 25 = 75. I'll make it 75 thousand. what does he have? hell if I know, but I have an overpair. yessssssss. he calls? for the foundation!
Old 11-20-2007, 02:42 PM

This running it twice three time a million times is really anoying.Too bad we didn`t see Antonio or Barry in big pots because then we wouldn`t see a chop.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lololol @ guy's checkraise.

then barry says "like I said, we can't beat this game", and Guy looks up all defensively. He is such a bad, bad, horrible player. His accent, backwards cap, horrid play and defensiveness regarding joking jibes is starting to piss me off more than Gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how anyone could come out and call Guy a bad, bad horrible player at this stage. Maybe you know him for other games but I'm thinking your judging him on his reputation as a whale and his appearances. Let's grow up a little and acknowledge that every large decision he's had to make so far, he's made the right decision. Maybe he's just getting lucky, it is a small sample size, but I think he's played fairly well, besides maybe some loose calls on 3rd st in smallish pots.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:50 PM

that is true Guy has been bad but not that bad. what player are talking about is he getting luck and is know as one of the biggest looser of Full Tilt
Old 11-20-2007, 02:51 PM

Did Jamie say "I can't lay down Kings"... I didn't hear him say that. If he did, then the river check by Sammy IS horrible. I thought I heard an earlier exchange that had Jamie indicating he may have flopped a set of 10's and was check calling "to be nice to you". I didn't tape the show so I can't go back and see the exchange again (I think it's re-run on Friday).

I was under the imprssion during the entire hand that Sammy thought Jamie was either on KK or 10,10 and this is why he checked the river because there was a possibility that Jamie was on 10,10 and was being nice to Sammy for "ragging out" on his aces.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:56 PM

So I'm the only one who suspects that Gold and Farha had some sort of "agreement" not to mess with one another too much prior to them playing? Just look at the way they are talking to each other, how does Gold know that a crazy bastard like Farha has AA there just because he put in a 3rd raise preflop (or on the flop dark)?

If you look at the way they're yelling at one another during the hand and Gold talking about "are we gonna hurt each other here?" while looking genuinely upset. The way Gold keeps telling him his Aces are good but to CHECK, and then right after the hand trying to make it seem like he thought he was good. Also, notice how Sammy seems to be telling him, in all seriousness, to "MUCK YOUR HAND" when he bets the turn, after all he HAS to bet the turn. Obv the river check is charity plain and simple, he knew he was good there.

Also, watch the few hands they show after that and you never really see Sammy or Jamie mess with one another too much post flop, despite the fact that they are both in every hand and are maniacs. Usually it will be them 2 and another guy and 1 of them drops on the flop, even with a pair.

Am I the only one who noticed this? I could be way off but if anyone watches it again with that in mind I think you'll see what I'm gettting at.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:57 PM

might ve been his thought process, but I dont like it when people see 5min. of someone on TV and think they have him all figured out. If you know more about him I absolutely believe you, but my guess is that 99% of the bashers here actually have no clue who the guy really is and how much he knows...(including me, but I at least give him the (slight) benefit of a doubt). I start doubting him as soon as he ACTUALLY loses big in this session after making such (in 90% of the time very dumb) plays. I`m sure he didnt become a billionnaire by naturally being super-talented in his area of work after all, but by gradually learning what it takes to make it that far. Not all the fish will forever be fish (to put it in poker terms), I hope we agree on that.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:01 PM

I agree, Brocktoon. I actually was considering that earlier today.

We can't deny the possibility that Gold was making secret deals with people before the show. He was obviously colluding in the WSOP, for god's sake. And what better person to make a shady deal with than Sammy?

Hopefully there will be more posts on that subject to come.