Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games

Old 10-04-2007, 01:29 AM

Default 150/300 2-7 hand

I remembered this hand driving home from class today, I played it a few weeks ago before I went busto but I'm pretty sure details are right. I had just sat in this game during the O portion and villain played every hand while I was sitting out. As we proceeded to T while I waited for the big blind he played almost every hand, usually limping and drawing 2-3. He talks about how this game is small for him and he will play every hand because he's bored. I of course am very excited to be only a couple seats to his left.

Full game. I'm SB, fold to villain in the CO and he limps, button limps, I raise 87643 in SB, call call call. Keep in mind this is the 2nd hand I've played at this table and I have never played with anyone in this game before because I get a lot of weird looks when I pat and throw 3 chips out there.

BB calls, CO raises, button folds, I 3bet, BB folds, CO 4bets, I can call or 5bet.

I hadn't played 2-7 in months and I've never played it live and I am playing like 50% bigger than I had played before and everyone was unknown so I was sort of lost.

I really wanted to try and just show this hand down against this guy but just randomly calling down in draw games always feels so much more wrong than any other kind of poker.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:56 AM

Default Re: 150/300 2-7 hand

[ QUOTE ]
Full game. I'm SB, fold to villain in the CO and he limps, button limps, I raise 87643 in SB, call call call. Keep in mind this is the 2nd hand I've played at this table and I have never played with anyone in this game before because I get a lot of weird looks when I pat and throw 3 chips out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't quite get the action here. How many cards did the others take?

[ QUOTE ]

BB calls, CO raises, button folds, I 3bet, BB folds, CO 4bets, I can call or 5bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would now be unhappy with 87643 unless they had drawn quite a few cards.
Isn't it a bit loose to 3-bet this unless they are terrible ? I guess you want
to represent a bigger hand and maybe force them to break a better 87.

Tx.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:20 AM

Knowing how many they drawed is important.

If the villain is super loose after the draws as well then standing pat with 8-7-6 is probably fine especially if he drew. I'd keep betting this aggressively. If you are unsure just call it down and then leave the table (calling down is better than folding if the villain is really loose. If you can't afford to lose the money fold now). Theres no point playing if the stakes are high enough so that you can't play properly.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:10 PM

Wow I'm retarded. BB draws 2, CO draws 3, button draws 3.

The stakes aren't high enough that I can't play properly, if I sat in 5zillion-20zillion spread limit 6 card omaha 9 or better then I would be ready to play as well as I could. I just didn't really know what to do in this spot. If I sit in a game and they start open limping and drawing 3 in Triple Draw and drawing to 987 in Badugi and calling 3 cold with 3499r in Omaha then I will not be getting up until I have lost all the dollars with which I am willing to gamble with in the game.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB draws 2, CO draws 3, button draws 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK then I would probably 5-bet (is that the cap?).

If either of them draw 1 or pat I would call down. If they draw
more I would jam again.

I havent quite got the feeling whether you think they know how
to play the game or not. Also I play micro-stakes compared to this.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:23 PM

This is a pretty tough spot. I guess i 3 bet and pray it gets HU. When that happens Id call the 4 bet, and check call the turn and river in he pats behind you. If he draws you can thank him for all the equity he just gave you and sweat a couple of draws.
This hand is far better in your spot in a live game with an idiot, than in like the stars 30-60 game where most of the players realize that your pat with probably a decent hand that cant be broken and that will be taken to showdown. Also in the live games ive played its far more likely that people will play a 9 like this. A lot of these guys havent seen enough hands to realize that pat predraw doesnt always equal 98764
Old 10-04-2007, 08:31 PM

there is no cap
Old 10-04-2007, 08:59 PM

sick.