Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is this a good idea or a bad idea?
Good 10 66.67%
Bad 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Re: **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2007-08 season Thread!*****

soccerball is awesome, yo.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

soccerball is awesome, yo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like their funny sneakers.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not nice.

I need to stop drinking so much the night before when there is a game @ 8 in the morning my time, but for the sake of all my belongings being in one piece it's good I was in a coma
Old 11-05-2007, 03:30 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not nice.

I need to stop drinking so much the night before when there is a game @ 8 in the morning my time, but for the sake of all my belongings being in one piece it's good I was in a coma

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate cesc so much that even as a barcelona fan I consider him not welcome back. Arsenal are such a bunch of scumbags stealing fran and cesc from barca. I cant wait until we get Arsenal at Old Trafford and crush them. You guys barely eek out a tie at home, things will be much different next time.

And fergie was right about Howard Webb. The premiership picks their best ref and puts him out for their marquee matchup and he came up way short as far as objectivity goes.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:49 PM

he seems to be saying what any other right-minded individual would say

lol at Pittm who is a red mancs fan but also a barca fan

what do people think was teh best goal at the weekend

my mates 4t the luke young one was the best but i 4t the pamarot one was the bollocks. he's right footed and does that with his [censored] left!!
Old 11-05-2007, 04:20 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
PITT, you are a [censored] jack ass. Howard Webb HATES Arsenal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yesterday he didn't. I have never once on this board questioned the officiating in a soccer game and I thought the officiating yesterday was poor before i saw what SAF said.

[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, its hilarious that your manager gets to say dumb [censored] stuff like that with impunity. I heard he was also complaining that the fans at the Emirates were giving him [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, i forgot Arsene always stays quiet.

Like this.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, how are we scumbags for stealing players from Barca? It must be tough to see players from one of your other favorite (also massive) teams not going to another of your favorite (massive) teams. It must be sooo tough having to choose between those two teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not talking about just a normal transfer here. Arsenal literally kidnapped Fran Merida while he was under contract with Barca, took him to england, waited until he turned 16 and then signed him. I;m sure youre aware that 16 year olds can sign professional contracts in england but not spain right? Basically Merida's agent and Arsenal's people worked together to make sure Merida didnt sign an extension with Barca(by kidnapping him) then they waited until his deal was done and signed him. TOTALLY JUST LIKE WHAT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME RIGHT? Fran Merida has been quoted tons of times saying he wanted to stay with Barca but his agent made him do this deal, and while im sure at least a little of that is BS because he wants the money, but he wouldnt bring it up if something weird hadn't happened.

I mean dude, it was LAST WEEK that FIFA fined Arsenal for what they did. Do you think they fined Arsenal because they felt like it and no wrongdoing had been done on Arsenal's part?

Also rofl at an Arsenal fan berating someone else for being a fan of a big club.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, how do you think Sporting Lisbon fans think about ManU?

[/ QUOTE ]

From the standing ovation at the end...

They don't really seem too upset? Also literally hundreds of Sporting Lisbon fans were interviewed saying how happy they were that the whole world would now be able to watch CR7 and Nani. They didn't seem upset at us at all. I respect the Lisbon fans greatly.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:28 PM

Webb was fine and is a good ref.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:46 PM

Arsenal were not implicated in anyway with what happened to Meridia.

He choose to move to Arsenal when he was 16, however he already had a pre-contract agreement with Barca. Barca sued MERIDA not Arsenal. However Arsenal are paying the fine for him.

It basically boils down to Barca being pissed at Arsenal for buying Cesc when he was 16 for 700,000. Now they are pissed that if they want to buy him back, they will have to pay close to 30mil for him. Merida basically moved for free to Arsenal.

Also, can you blame him? Its nearly impossible to break in to the starting XI at Barca, especially the midfield. Why not move to a club that actually lets young guys play. The only other big club in England that would give them a chance is probably ManU. I read today that Fergie didn't even know about Cesc until Arsenal signed him, but the tone in the quote made it sound like regretted not knowing.

Anyway, get your facts straight.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:55 PM

lol @ anyone who says Merida was forced to sign for Arsenal. I like how Man Utd fans/manager seem to have missed the foul on Hleb leading to the first goal
Old 11-05-2007, 04:57 PM

you do know that fabregas and merida have been good friends since they were like 14 right? but I guess that had nothing to do with fran going to Arsenal