UTG+1 (t1500)
MP1 (t1500)
MP2 (t1500)
MP3 (t1500)
CO (t1590)
Hero (t1490)
SB (t1480)
BB (t1500)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">UTG raises to t60</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, Hero calls t60, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

Flop: (t150) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets t120</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t280</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to t1380 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">Hero...?
Old 07-17-2006, 02:34 AM

Default Re: $60 Overpair

dont look good for you. i would fold with no reads. he really seems to like his hand and i doubt it is a bluff. the only hand i see you beating right here is 99. it is possible that he could have the flush draw and considering that he raised pf they are prolly overs to ur 10's and if so he is still favored over you.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:05 AM

Hi Ervin,

I can't fold this fast enough. I don't mind the flop raise. I also don't mind just calling the flop bet and seeing what he does on the turn. Remember, there's a lot of awfully scary cards for him, too, so you might get a cheap showdown even if he has something.

Ryan
Old 07-17-2006, 03:07 AM

OP, what do you put villain on?

my guess is something like JJ-QQ. 3x raise PF. Nice 4/5ths pot bet on a coordinated flop. Silly min-raise by hero, followed by a re-push. Villain puts you on something like a top pair or even a flush draw or possibly an underpair, but wants you to pay for drawing out...

fold is easy imo.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:18 AM

Yeah thought so. I posted a QQ hand recently that was very similar but everyone said call that so it left me wondering.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Ervin,

I can't fold this fast enough. I don't mind the flop raise. I also don't mind just calling the flop bet and seeing what he does on the turn. Remember, there's a lot of awfully scary cards for him, too, so you might get a cheap showdown even if he has something.

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-17-2006, 10:58 AM

Raising or calling the flop are both fine IMO. You have to fold to the push though.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:02 AM

Could we dissect calling vs raising?

I think calling is the better play here.

by calling:
1 - regardless of the card on the turn, if he bets there we can fold, so it costs us less than to raise
2 - we can use scare cards to our advantage by either betting him out of the pot (probably not) or trying to get a cheaper showdown.
3 - we might hit a T on the turn

if we raise we have to put in something substantial, like 350 or something... or does anyone else like a minraise?
Old 07-17-2006, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Could we dissect calling vs raising?

I think calling is the better play here.

by calling:
1 - regardless of the card on the turn, if he bets there we can fold, so it costs us less than to raise
2 - we can use scare cards to our advantage by either betting him out of the pot (probably not) or trying to get a cheaper showdown.
3 - we might hit a T on the turn

if we raise we have to put in something substantial, like 350 or something... or does anyone else like a minraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

i would usually call here rather than raise. one downside to calling flop and folding turn is that villain might fire again with AK, but i think that happens rarely enough that it's not a big deal. the other bigger problem is that villain might hit his AK.