View Poll Results: What would you do with AA here
All-in 7 43.75%
Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

My friends and I are beginning to plan a trip, we're thinking either Ko Samui or Pattaya. Any recommendations? How long does it take to get to Pattaya from Bangkok?

Thanks, this is an awesome thread. I completely wasted my day at work yesterday reading it, took several hours, but was well worth it.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:19 PM

pattaya is like a nursing home combined with a brothel.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:51 PM

So are you saying that Chaweng might be a better idea? I want to be able to drink until the sun comes up, which doesn't sound feasible in Ko Samui. Both places seem like they have plenty to do during the day. I also don't like the idea of hookers everywhere, but I want to find chicks for sure.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:45 AM

How cold is it there right now (in Bangkok). I saw they had some national emergency in Chiang Mai because it was so cold.

edit

I looked through my Thailand pictures today and missed it so bad
Old 12-29-2006, 04:53 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 12-29-2006, 04:57 AM

Default Ski\'s quick 2 cents on Thailand

So, I just got back from 1 month Thailand. I am on dial up internet (WTF) until I go back so I'm leaving out pics for now.

I'll be back there within 10 days. IMO it is BY FAR the most fun I've had in a month+my favorite country to spend time in.

The beaches are often the best I've ever been too (I go to lots of beaches), there is absolutely no problem getting laid by Thai (definately no problem) or western (almost definately no problem) girls. The food is great and the cultural differences can be a lot of fun to learn about. There is also a lot of nice scenery up north and (I've heard) some good times to be had in neighboring countries.

Aside from the small portion of the Thai population that relentlessly tryed to scam me almost everyone in the country was great. You could walk into just about any bar and have a bunch of new like minded friends within a few minutes (Thai and white).

You could like on $15-$20 a day there pretty easily, but if you want any sort of resort quality you probably have to shell out more.

I'll leave out any real hooker observations I've had. I think the basic premise of a hooker still applies though, you give them money and then do whatever you want. There are also no shortage of hookers over there if you're concerned about that.

Hookers really aren't necessary though. Getting a good looking Thai chick is not that hard (I'm the first one to admit I don't got tons of game, I am SEXY AS HELL though...

Anyway, ask me anything u want. PM might work better if for some reason you really want to hear my opinion since this thread is a freaking beast.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:57 AM

Old 12-29-2006, 05:00 AM

Old 12-29-2006, 05:42 AM

Default Re: Ski\'s quick 2 cents on Thailand

[ QUOTE ]
How much of that month did you end up spending on KPN?

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost 2 weeks. KPN is one of my favorite spots. The week of the full moon was legenday. I probably heard that "ozone" song at least 500 times. Also went around Bangkok,Chang Mai, Krabi area+Phi Phi islands and a bit of Koh Samoi.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

then you have no business going to pattaya. the beach sucks, the other travelers are mostly not people you'd want to hang out with, it is dirty and crowded...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want a nice beach then going to Pattaya beach when Jomtien beach, Dongtan area in particular, is not more than 10 minutes away by baht bus is simply stupid. Personally, I did not find Pattaya beach as dirty and crowded as you, but then again I came after a month stay in Bangkok, which is by far the dirtiest and most crowded place I have ever seen.

BTW, I think Pattaya is great.
Closed Thread