Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2006, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Moving to Santa Clara county!!!

md - check out Santana Row. That might be a baller place to live. and by baller I mean baller for San Jose.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:10 PM

matt,

"the social-economic stigmas some people place on others is nothing new but still disconcerting. the people you insult may not be economically viable currently but are making an attempt."

No, nobody's talking about those people.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:00 PM

UPDATE:

typing this out now in Kapp's Pizza Bar and Grill in downtown Mountain View (Castro Street). I'm here for the weekend to find an apartment.

Silicon Valley is nothing like I thought. I invisioned Palo Alto and Mountain View as their own cities, with tall buildings and stuff like that. Turns out that every city south of San Francisco down to Sunnyvale is just a flippin SUBURB of San Fran. And they all call San Fran "the City". the best places i've found so far are all in Mountain View, so it's actually looking like I might live here. I've only been 'out' in Palo Alto though, due to the advice in this thread, and liked it, so I might have to go out tonight in Mountain View, to see if I can tolerate it.

Also, in downtown Mountain View, 9 out of 10 restaurants are Asian of some sort, with the flippin menus posted in Asian characters. I had to walk 4 blocks to find a place that wasn't full of chopsticks.

Any places to look for roommates besides Craigslist, rooommates.com (which sucks) and EasyRoommates.com (which is only marginally better)?? Cause I can't really find crap in Palo Alto, but found some really nice places, with guys my age, and close to public transport in Mtn. View.

Anyway, thanks for the advice, it has come in handy...
Old 11-12-2006, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, in downtown Mountain View, 9 out of 10 restaurants are Asian of some sort, with the flippin menus posted in Asian characters. I had to walk 4 blocks to find a place that wasn't full of chopsticks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the Bay Area isn't for you...

scrub