Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: The Day Wickss Life Changes Forever

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Update?

[/ QUOTE ]My bankroll is at $1188 at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]Well, after someone flopped a set, turned a boat and checked to the river allowing me to back into a straight flush, my BR is up to $1222
Old 05-08-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i am omahaha clueless but is it really good to check quads twice to mgjans who is also omahaha clueless?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1075966

[/ QUOTE ]Given the action, I was probably the only person with a hand. Mgjans was the only person that had bet. Had he flopped a set and turned a boat, he would definatly bet the river and I could check raise. Otherwise, he probably didn't have a hand that could call my bet. I could only hope to catch a bluff.

A straight might call for value on the river if I bet weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wicks, this hand is really really butchered. The board is super drawy on the flop, so you're gonna get action from tons of hands if you bet/raise the flop. Bet the friggin turn as well. The great thing about omaha is that you never have to slowplay to get sick value because there are so many hands that will give you action pre-river on boards like this.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:44 PM

Just wondering, what is his ROI/stakes at this moment? Has he moved up to $27 SNGs? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2007, 10:07 PM

lol i didn't even know what i was doing. Dale made me join [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

up 20 bucks now though
Old 05-08-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i am omahaha clueless but is it really good to check quads twice to mgjans who is also omahaha clueless?

[/ QUOTE ]Given the action, I was probably the only person with a hand. Mgjans was the only person that had bet. Had he flopped a set and turned a boat, he would definatly bet the river and I could check raise. Otherwise, he probably didn't have a hand that could call my bet. I could only hope to catch a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wicks, this hand is really really butchered. The board is super drawy on the flop, so you're gonna get action from tons of hands if you bet/raise the flop. Bet the friggin turn as well. The great thing about omaha is that you never have to slowplay to get sick value because there are so many hands that will give you action pre-river on boards like this.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, that makes sense. I played it pretty weak. Lots of times I bet a hand like that on the turn and get one caller who folds on the river.

Sometimes I get a caller when the board has something like AAA and I have the fourth ace. They always fold when I fire the second bet though. I don't know why they call the first time and not the second time.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering, what is his ROI/stakes at this moment? Has he moved up to $27 SNGs? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]11.8% at the 6.5s. 14ptbb/100 at $25 PLO over 25,000 hands.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:55 PM

update: omahahah sucks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] at least for me
Old 05-08-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is very bad poker thinking - regardless of the game involved.

You need to extract the most possible when they *do* have a hand.

If your bet on the flop (or turn) forces them to fold, then chances are they would not bet on the river.

A huge component of your EV comes from when you have the best hand, and someone has second best. The only way to get money from these situations is to bet.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:38 AM

Guys please stop talking about the omaha daleroxxu pasted. It was just some nonsense about dale and i joining wickss his game, i dont know crap about omhaha. I do agree that you should bet such hands, most people will call you down cuz they dont know crap about omaha just like me
Old 05-09-2007, 12:44 AM

and yeah im sober [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]