Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 09:41 AM

Default multiway middle set, can i fold this?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $50.25
<u>Hero (BB): $78.88</u>
<u>UTG: $88</u>
<u>CO: $60.75</u>
BTN: $70.75

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2</font>, CO calls $2, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $4</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $10</font>, Hero calls $10, <font color="red">UTG raises all-in to $82</font>, CO calls all-in for $48.75, Hero calls all-in for $66.88
Uncalled bet of $9.12 returned to UTG

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($218.76) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players - 3 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($218.76) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players - 3 All-In)

Pot Size: $218.76
Old 04-15-2007, 09:45 AM

Default Re: multiway middle set, can i fold this?

If CO is decent you only beat 22. I can't fold it, maybe you can.

Should really have stats to lay down a set I think...
Old 04-15-2007, 09:57 AM

Go to lay this down in my opinion. Maybe UTG is shoving with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A but the other's either got to have J J or made flush in my opinion. Calling the $10 was fair enough, but personally I couldn't call two all-ins
Old 04-15-2007, 10:03 AM

I usually lead this flop, but thats a matter of tastes I guess..

I usually don't fold here ever, CO isn't gonna cold-call JJ, so he either has 22 or a flush, and we have 30% equity against a flush. UTG doesn't necessarily have to have anything (overpair with a spade, etc).. so with all the money in the middle I think you have to call.

Btw, why did you not raise at all here? Waiting for the 4th spade?
Old 04-15-2007, 10:10 AM

I dont fold especially 3-way where there has to be dead money, sucks that you didnt fill up tho...nh
Old 04-15-2007, 01:40 PM

now that i look at it i cant really fold to the allin because of pot equity but what do you guys think about the flop call vs a flop cr
Old 04-15-2007, 01:41 PM

Like I said earlier, I like leading this flop, but I definitely raise because you don't wanna see UTG flat call the $6 re-raise and then see a 4th spade on the turn.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:05 PM

i wouldnt be calling all ins on this board.... flopped flush is possible also for CO... UTG has overpair or top set... CO has a set or flush.... i think after UTG raises all in and CO calls u are beat in this situation...
Old 04-15-2007, 02:10 PM

Easy call. You're ahead of UTG, and CO can have just like AJ or something and not the flush sometimes.

Also, WTF is with all the folding great hands in uNL and SSNL? I'm gonna make a post about this soon!
Old 04-15-2007, 02:32 PM

You have to call this all-in due to pot oods, even if you would know for sure that Villain has the nut flush. You have a chance of about 1/3 to redraw to a boat! (Your chance to hit a boat are at least 1 - (41/48)*(38/47) = 0.309, they improve somewhat if you assume that the other Villain has an overpair)

Skillzilla, you need to call the 1st flop reraise in these cases. You couldn't know that the other Villain was reraising all-in, but you can't fold in this spot. Just keep calling and hope that the board pairs. You will stack any flush if that happens. This is one of the best possible spots to stack people, you can't throw your hand away for an additional 6$ bet in such a great situation!