Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Small things to make the world better

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you see someone and you genuinely like something they're wearing or they look particularly good that day, tell them. Doesn't matter if it's your girlfriend, your grandma or your roomate. A genuine compliment out of the blue makes people feel great, even if it's about something completely unimportant.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If you like something someone is doing or wearing, within reason, tell them so. It takes two seconds, but can make someone's entire day exponentially better. I know it sounds like I'm being just touchy-feely, but...I'm a high school teacher, and you would not believe how much more attentive and tuned in some of my kids are when you just give a small word of encouragement. Adults are no different...everybody likes a compliment, even if they would never admit it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great job reading the thread.

Oh, and nice shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, thanks about the shoes. Sorry about the reading comprehension.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:00 PM

Be tolerant of your fellow human beings. The next time someone does something that bothers you, politely address it with them before getting all passive-aggressive with them. I think you'd be surprised how accommodating people can be to reasonable requests.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Be tolerant of your fellow human beings. The next time someone does something that bothers you, politely address it with them before getting all passive-aggressive with them. I think you'd be surprised how accommodating people can be to reasonable requests.

[/ QUOTE ]

By far the best. Tons of people do inconsiderate things mentioned in this thread: cell phones in theatres, blocking stairways, driving slow in the left lane, and so on. A lot of people who take the time to be considerate and thoughtful about these little things turn into complete jerks when other people are unaware of how inconsiderate they are.

besides a handful, the unaware/forgetful are good people. Just remember not everyone is enlightened as you.