Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: things that you\'re unnecessarily ocd about

I have to confirm my door is locked by touch before I sleep, just looking at it won't do the trick. It basically has to be the very last thing I do before I get in bed or I'll have to get up and check again.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Where I live we have 14% sales tax and I try to figure out the grand total before reaching the cashier. It was much easier when the tax was 15%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored], where do you live? 1950's Russia?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like ontario. Ya, it's high as hell. Some provinces are even higher.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
whenever i look at a digital clock, i multiply the hour by the minutes. right now, 4:46 is 184

[/ QUOTE ]
I might start doing this. Exercising mental arithmatic is useful.

[/ QUOTE ]

this reminds me. when i'm stuck in traffic, i add up the last three numbers on the license plates of cars in front of me and divide them by 3, always feeling intensely satisfied when the quotient is an integer.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm anal about the binding of my books. I think it spawned from my love for comic books and how I liked keeping them in good condition. I spaz whenever I see a book binding bent/broken.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I don't lend books out, and why I could never buy used books at school. The creases in the binding would make me crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are there really this many people that are crazy about their books? I mean, if I go into someone's house and see a bookshelf full of books that look like they've never been read, i'm going to assume that they've never been read. I'm not saying go around [censored] your books up on purpose, but if they get a little wear and tear on them, so what?

I can understand if people do this with 1st edition copies of certain books, or more rare books, but my sister does this with every book that passes through her hands. If she catches me reading one and there's a crease or fold anywhere, she goes apeshit insane on me, which drives me up the [censored] wall.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
whenever i look at a digital clock, i multiply the hour by the minutes. right now, 4:46 is 184

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this reminds me. when i'm stuck in traffic, i add up the last three numbers on the license plates of cars in front of me and divide them by 3, always feeling intensely satisfied when the quotient is an integer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you know...

if the sum of all of the individual numbers in a number is evenly divisible by three, then so is the entire number?

Ex.: 252

2 + 5 + 2 = 9 / 3 = 3.0

252 / 3 = 84.0
Old 08-21-2007, 01:55 PM

lol. i in fact did not know that. interesting, interesting...
Old 08-21-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you know...

if the sum of all of the individual numbers in a number is evenly divisible by three, then so is the entire number?

Ex.: 252

2 + 5 + 2 = 9 / 3 = 3.0

252 / 3 = 84.0

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you might've just made that guy's head explode.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:56 PM

I don't step on cracks. Also, if there's like bricks on the ground or some sort of pattern, I only step on shapes pointing in the direction I'm walking. Colored tiles, I commit to one color. I'm also all about the symmetry, so if there like blocks, I have to step the same number of times in each one, of if theres an odd number of stairs I'll skip one to make sure I go up the same number with both feet.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:57 PM

everytime i read threads like this i am absolutely blown away by the stuff you guys do. i am convinced that the posters on here do waaaaaaaay more crazy stuff than the average person on the street.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:20 PM

i'm sure i have a lot of things, but it seems so standard for me it's prolly hard to remember...

taking a shower every time i come back from being outside, i have this nasty thing about being sweaty...must always be clean i guess...this can lead to 4 or 5 showers a day, at least 3 anwyay...oh yea, also have to shower before i get into bed regardless of whether i've been out...dunno, i'm a weirdo i guess, just dislike being 'dirty'...on the same note, need to wear socks at all times because i hate it when i feel my feet getting sweaty...

also, the brita filter needing to be full at all times is something i do...