Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: NCAAF Week 9

Can we all agree that Big East officials are the worst in the nation?

Underwood caught a ball!!!
Old 10-27-2007, 01:15 PM

Good News: Rain has stopped in North Jersey, looks like it could be stopping for good. Maybe the 2nd half will be more fun to watch.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:19 PM

So is this whole theory that fans aren't as much of a factor in games that start at noon really justified? I was shocked when Herbstreit used it as justification for picking USC today (particularly considering that the vast majority of Oregon home games start at 12:30), and now the announcers are using it to explain a flat crowd for Rutgers. I just can't imagine fans saying "Nah, I can't get excited for a game at noon, a top ten opponent just isn't enough to make up for the timeslot". Seriously, is this an issue???
Old 10-27-2007, 01:20 PM

lol @ the Big East ads that are basically like "we know we usually suck, but we're good now/we'll be good eventually
Old 10-27-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So is this whole theory that fans aren't as much of a factor in games that start at noon really justified? I was shocked when Herbstreit used it as justification for picking USC today (particularly considering that the vast majority of Oregon home games start at 12:30), and now the announcers are using it to explain a flat crowd for Rutgers. I just can't imagine fans saying "Nah, I can't get excited for a game at noon, a top ten opponent just isn't enough to make up for the timeslot". Seriously, is this an issue???

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, they're just not as drunk. They may be a bit less noisy, but I have a hard time believing that it really matters.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:23 PM

This booth is absolutely horrible.

BJJ,

Like I said earlier the crowd is extremely sparse considering how big of a game it is. The RU students were at Halloweekend last night and a lot of my friends that go there said they rather do that then go to the game today, maybe they will get their asses up and get to the game in the 2nd half.

It's really pathetic. And I guess the rain doesn't help...but still.

Edit: Just to note I guess when a program doesn't have the tradition of playing well and strong teams that the students just aren't as sold into the team as say PSU or UF. I guess it's just gonna take time for the program to build itself up and get the students behind them.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:26 PM

Ugh...White is killing Rutgers. This backfield combo is just to good for RU to stop them consistently.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:31 PM

Is it worth it to go to a sports bar to watch USC @ UO? I cant believe this isnt on national tv.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:31 PM

Jesus, Rutgers got so lucky with that mis-snap, then paid WVU back with the guy getting hit by the punt. Since then it's been all WVU. I just can't see RU making this game close right now. White/Slaton is just sick good. It's gonna take a huge mishap by WVU to make this a close game.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus, Rutgers got so lucky with that mis-snap, then paid WVU back with the guy getting hit by the punt. Since then it's been all WVU. I just can't see RU making this game close right now. White/Slaton is just sick good. It's gonna take a huge mishap by WVU to make this a close game.

[/ QUOTE ]

WVU is very capable of making that huge mistake. They turn it over alot.