Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 12:26 AM

Default Finished BIOSHOCK: !!Spoilers!!

I'll try to keep major spoilers in white

Ok I just finished the game. As far as I know I rescued all the little sisters.
Ending spoiler in white: <font color="white"> I think since I rescued all the little sisters I got an ending where they all grow up, get married, whatever, and then on my deathbed they are all there and tenenbaum is talking about how they became my family, etc</font>

I would like to know what the ending is if you don't rescue all the little sisters. What if you rescue some and harvest others? What if you harvest all of them? How much ADAM do you get by harvesting them? Please spoil it for me since I am not going to replay the game to do that.
Also (in white):
<font color="white"> Also wondering how the game handles it if you harvest the little sisters, then it would seem like Tenenbaum wouldn't help you. There's a part where you wake up in this nursery with all the little girls playing with their toys. Would that still happen if you were harvesting them?

What happens if you let one or more of the little sisters die when you are the big daddy and have to protect her? I kept reloading the game any time she died.</font>

I'm also wondering about Cohen. When I completed his "mission":
(in white) <font color="white"> He was walking down the stairs and then is about to open the exhibit to give me the tonic and I killed him. Realizing it wouldn't open, I reloaded and let him open it then left him there. Later I went to his apartment and he was dancing with some splicer lady. They didn't have a problem with me till I tried to play his piano and he went batshiat crazy on me. Had to kill him and his girl. If I don't kill him at all will it make a difference or give a different ending? Please don't spoil this part more than you have to since I will play through again on "hard". </font>

Finally about Ryan (in white):
<font color="white">Maybe I just didn't follow along well enough but I couldn't figure out why he orders you to kill him? Was it because he figured his bomb thing was about to destroy all of Rapture anyway?</font>
All in all I thought it was a pretty sweet game. The ending was a little short and I found the final bit of fighting to be too easy.

I have the PC version FYI
Old 08-29-2007, 01:02 AM

Default Re: Finished BIOSHOCK: !!Spoilers!!

Re cohen: <font color="white">that's not actually him dancing with the other person. there should be 3 people in that area</font>

Re bigdaddy: <font color="white">as far as I can tell, nothing happens if you let one of the little sisters die. you just go back and beat on their hole and get a new one. I also loaded each time she died though so not sure if it would have changed things in the long term </font>

Re ryan: <font color="white">I also have no clue here. I was convinced he was still alive in some manner after he continually emphasized his intellect over physical existance just before going suicidal</font>
Old 08-29-2007, 01:12 AM

alternate ending(s) spoiler: <font color="white"> The only alternate ending, is you taking over control of Rapture and "brutalizing" the little sisters and harvesting all the adam until you've run out of resources. There's a shot of a navy ship cruising through the debris of the plane, or of Rapture, and see all these pods rise from the water. All these splicers launch out of the pods and attack the crew members and the game ends. You run out of resources in Rapture and have to attack the surface. </font>
Old 08-29-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Re cohen: <font color="white">that's not actually him dancing with the other person. there should be 3 people in that area</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh that makes sense: <font color="white"> I could have swore it was him dancing with the girl. But it explains why, when they attacked me, I turned and blasted him, blasted the girl, then was surprised to see that Cohen was still alive. In other words I thought I had just killed him then he appears again. So did he come running from some other room? </font>
Old 08-29-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh that makes sense: <font color="white"> I could have swore it was him dancing with the girl. But it explains why, when they attacked me, I turned and blasted him, blasted the girl, then was surprised to see that Cohen was still alive. In other words I thought I had just killed him then he appears again. So did he come running from some other room? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="white">Yeah. There's a closed door right before you get to the dancing couple. Cohen's up there. When you kill them, he comes running down from there. It's definitely worth checking out what's up there.</font>
Old 08-29-2007, 02:02 AM

can't we just type in normal lettering since the title says !!spoilers!!

cus thats what im gonna do....

I harvested the sisters and took the final movie sequence as a huge cliffhanger....it seemed like it eluded to there being an attack on the surface world and something was going on with that bomb.....otherwise....amazing game....absolutely fantastic....

This game will raise the bar for story quality and interaction for a fps should be....
Old 08-29-2007, 12:29 PM

yeah sorry I just knew there were multiple endings and didn't want to spoil the ending I had (rescue) for people that had the other one (harvest).

Anyhow... how much adam do you get for harvesting? When you rescue you only get 80 but every three or so little sisters you rescue you will get a reward from tenenbaum of 200 more adam plus some rare ammo and a tonic or plasmid.

Also - since you harvested... did you get to a part where the little sisters help you escape and you wake up in their nursery? Like I said above it seems like they wouldn't help you if you were harvesting them. I can't even remember the exact part... I think it was right after you disable Ryan's bomb thing.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:06 PM

one of the best games ive played in years, i havent been hooked on a game since the metal gear series!

cant see there being much replay value tho and the fact that theres no multiplayer is [censored]!
Old 08-29-2007, 07:47 PM

Finished the game too. It's be weird to wake up in the nursery if you've been harvesting all the little sisters. But judging by the ending, I guess that's what happens.

I regret not using the crossbow AT ALL, because I never figured a steel arrow to do more damage than a shotgun blast or a freakin' heatseeking rpg. I wish the weapons would do the damage you'd figure them to do.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:01 AM

If you let a sister die in the protecting phase near the end, you still can get the little sister savior achievement and you still get the same ending written above if you went the rescue route throughout.