Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 10:48 AM

Default live 3/6, AKo SB

9-handed, Hero is dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB and raises 6 limpers, including a posted blind in the CO. 8 players go to the flop.

Flop [15 SB]: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

With around 4.5 outs for my two overs, BD flush and straight draws, I'm usually going to want to see a turn here. What line would you take here?

1. check/call one bet, check/fold two+ bets
2. check/call one bet, check/call two bets getting ?:1 or better
3. check/call EP-MP bet, check/raise LP bet
4. bet/call
5. bet/call EP-MP bet, bet/3-bet LP raise if lots of callers in between may fold
6. other?
Old 07-24-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Re: live 3/6, AKo SB

In the absence of any reads, I'd definitely c/c one bet and c/c two if implied odds demanded it.

Leading this flop into the whole world is silly. You're getting called by any OESD, FD, Q, pair + any kind of draw, or maybe even 88 or 99.

If you had limped PF, I'd say check the flop dark. If you hit, it's pretty safe to assume someone will bet into you and you can c/c if you really hit and it disguises your hand strength or c/r if you hit something like TPTK on a draw-heavy board.

As played, I'd check the flop and definitely call one bet. If it's bet and raised to two and there are enough callers to give you around 6:1 or better, call it. This would be especially true if you aren't stuck between two raisers or if you close the action.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you had limped PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

i puked upon reading this phrase.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you had limped PF, I'd say check the flop dark. If you hit, it's pretty safe to assume someone will bet into you and you can c/c if you really hit

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't, don't, no it's not, and no you shouldn't, respectively.

[ QUOTE ]
As played, I'd check the flop and definitely call one bet. If it's bet and raised to two and there are enough callers to give you around 6:1 or better, call it. This would be especially true if you aren't stuck between two raisers or if you close the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

These things can't be true if you're faced with 2 bets cold.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you had limped PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

i puked upon reading this phrase.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh! Should have been more clear. I wasn't referring to the fact I actually think the OP should have limped with A-K in this spot. This is a raise approximately always.

I was going OT to say that when I limp in games such as this from the SB, I usually check the flop dark if the whole world is in the pot with me.

I would <u>never</u> advocate limping with A-K here. Sorry, should have clarified.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was going OT to say that when I limp in games such as this from the SB, I usually check the flop dark if the whole world is in the pot with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be interesting. Why?

-McGee
Old 07-24-2007, 02:23 PM

Betting this flop is terrible.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And cataclysmically awful. Anyways c/c 1 bet,c/c 2 bets again is based on how many people have called the two bets.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With around 4.5 outs for my two overs, BD flush and straight draws

[/ QUOTE ]

Point of clarification requested... I'm certain that the standard from SSHE on BDFD and BDSD are approx. 1.5 outs each, that makes 3 outs. I thought overcards were normally worth approx. 1.5 EACH, wouldn't that make your hand a 6 out hand instead of 4.5?

That said, discount your Ace outs a bit more than you would anything else. Lots of limpers preflop at a normal table means there is a real possibility of being reverse dominated by someone holding Ax .
Old 07-24-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting this flop isn't "terrible". I prefer to check. But if you bet, you probably won't get raised, and you may even knock out hands that make a mistake by folding. If betting it is wrong, it's not wrong by much.

Also, what's with people "checking dark"? Why can't you decide to check when you see the flop?