Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Nice/Romantic Restaurants in Seattle?

Other good spots in Redmond-

Il Bacio
Frankie's (good pizza/calzones)
Brown Bag Cafe (for breakfast)
Typhoon (never been, but heard raves)
Big Time Pizza (raves)

Claimjumpers is fine if you want tons of uninteresting food. Drinks are decent there, though.

[ QUOTE ]
. All I really need are those unsweetened naturally flavored sparkling waters, which seem to be everywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the stuff, El D?

My downstairs fridge is full of it. Good stuff!
Old 01-17-2007, 08:06 PM

liquid: "but only for the spicy cream cheese and bread sticks you get before you order." I thought it was flavored butter, but whatever, yeah that was the only good part of the meal. In fact, based on getting those, I thought the meal had a pretty good chance of being tasty. Boy, was I wrong!

WAP: Yeah. That's what they have there, cans of it. But there are two versions. Some are the "natural" type with a very light natural flavoring (Lemon-Lime ftw). The other type has artificial sweeteners and strong artifical flavoring and is gross. Here in CA we have same thing as Calistoga and Crystal Geyser and what I've been buying lately, La Croix (because I like cans for maximum carbonation retention - Lime > Berry >> Lemon).
Old 01-17-2007, 08:11 PM

All,

BTW, IM w/ entity:

diablo: eva is great and priced right too
entity: that's the place in tangletown I think?

haha, he's down w/ the lingo!
Old 01-17-2007, 08:11 PM

Yeah, they have some mixed with fruit juices that have sweetener in them (nasty), but the sparkling water with light natural flavorings is awesome. We have them in my office, and I got so addicted I had to stock the homefront with them as well. No calories and no caffiene- can't go wrong!
Old 01-17-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let's not get all crazy with the Claimjumper praise. I haven't been to the RTC in years, but I've gotta think there's better places there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thai Ginger FTW imo. Matt's Rotisserie and Oyster whatever is decent for apps and beer. Haven't had dinner there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've eaten at Matt's once and liked it, but if i'm in that area for dinner i usually eat at Typhoon. Put me in the wtf is tangletown camp as well, although i couldn't find wallingford on a map either.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

BTW, IM w/ entity:

[/ QUOTE ]

I've checked with my staff, one of whom practically lives there, and none of them have heard of this. As I told Diablo, I think this is just because Rob is way deep in the coffee shop game.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

BTW, IM w/ entity:

[/ QUOTE ]

I've checked with my staff, one of whom practically lives there, and none of them have heard of this. As I told Diablo, I think this is just because Rob is way deep in the coffee shop game.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably because my main stomping grounds are Greenlake/Greenwood, Fremont and Ballard. I know these neighborhoods pretty well but definitely don't know much up on the Hill or anywhere that Dids and others might be more familiar with.

Tangletown is also the home of one of my former-favorite coffeehouses (IMO quality has gone down in recent years though it is still top-notch), Cafe Zoka (http://www.zokacoffee.com/), and one of my favorite brewpubs (The Elysian). The place Diablo ate at was actually the location of one of my cousin's restaurants, Brie & Bordeaux, which was sold in 2000.

Tangletown is only a few blocks away from Greenlake, basically in the neighborhood near Latona which is in-between Greenlake and Wallingford. If you've jogged around the lake a fair amount and have wandered away from the lake itself, there's a good chance you've been in the neighborhood.

Rob
Old 01-17-2007, 08:33 PM

FWIW, pretty much all of my Seattle friends (except Dids, and maybe GoT/beset) know where Tangletown is. I guess it's really just a matter of where you've spent most of your time when you're in this region.

Rob
Old 01-17-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seattle peeps,

Which of these are near Greenwood? What would you recommend for a casual/nice take a friend to dinner type place? $20-25ish entrees.

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

So weird, the arrow is actually on my house!
Old 01-17-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've checked with my staff, one of whom practically lives there, and none of them have heard of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think "Tangletown" is one of those monikers designed to drum up business for that area, which is kind of off the beaten track. (In my day, when I lived in that very area, you lived in Wallingford or you lived in Green Lake, and that's the way it was and you liked it.)

It's still not as bad as when they renamed 1st/2nd Aves downtown "the West Edge" so people would stop calling it "the Blade."