Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2006, 05:04 PM

Default Re: oh crap, 19 left in full tilt 8.5ggrt

I think you need to learn how to use periods correctly, they exist for a reason.

I also think that villian has pretty much declared "I'm not getting away from my hand most of the time here", so if you push he's probably calling most of the time. Even if he folds, the pot is pretty big so I don't mind winning it outright.

There's very little difference to me here between check/calling down and going all in. As long as you've decided for yourself that you're committed to getting it all in one way or another, or not. That's what's important. Personally I like the push because it makes things a little less messy, and even if I fold out a worse hands I still win 50k+ chips, which I'm more than happy with.

Just make sure you understand why your line of calling the flop and folding the turn stinks.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:14 PM

6 handed where the antes are worth 1.5 bbs, he's raising more then just premium hands (i'd hope). You could be up against QJ and QK maybe QTs or Q9s etc... There is a lot in the pot preflop. Do not call off 1/3 of your stack, heck, I wouldn't even call off 1/5 of my stack.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:41 PM

yeah i was gonna call call, but maybe it doesnt matter. Doesnt get away from jj tt here either. anyway yeah i know folding turn here is awful but that turn just threw me off my plan completely. now i only beat jj tt.

and greg, yeah i couldve pushed pf but hadnt seen him raise utg before. a bit weak thats all...lol