Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2007, 08:21 PM

Default Re: 200nl - 67s, gross turn semi-bluff shove?

Ok, if we look at his calling range of our turn shove I think its something like this? { 99-88, AdQd, AJs-ATs, QTs, JTs, Jh8h, Th8h, T7s, 7h6h, AJo-ATo, QTo, T7o }. Anyone think its wider or conversly more narrow? Anyone, think this range is too unrealistic, as in he can't have any of these hands?

I didn't include A8, A9, 89, J8 into his turn calling range, I felt these hands are marginal, and I might be getting folds from them. Obviosuly, adding them to the range, cahnges our equity somewhat.

Furthermore, Axdd, I didn't really know if I should include these hands into his range, because I'm not sure if he calls w/ them on the flop, Idk? Again, if we add these to his range, our equity shrinks even more again [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Vs. the above proposed range we have only around 25% equity.

What other hands are in his turn donking range here, that are folding to our shove? THe above proposed 2pair hands sometimes, AQ(?), really weak FD's?

His agressive nature, and then his preflop and flop calls are puzzling, combined w/ the turn donk, I'm having a really hard time w/ a range here, that is played this way that folds to my turn shove.

I really hate my turn shove, I was expecting everyone to be bashing me for it. So now, Im super super confused.

Or is everyone agreeing w/ the shove because they weight hsi range so heavily towards weak flush draws and marginal hands that we are goign to be getting folds from?
Old 12-01-2007, 08:44 PM

i think flop check > bet
Old 12-01-2007, 09:38 PM

I'm going to throw out a vote for smooth calling the turn (as played). I'm not convinced you have a ton of FE here, as he's getting better than 2-to-1. I think you see a lot of two pairs and sets here that lead the turn to protect from the draws. I'm not even convinced you can get AK to fold since it's an unknown (and I assume this is from the weekend, when the donks never fold).

I don't think the turn shove is bad, but since he's sort of unknown, I'd prefer smooth calling the turn.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:15 PM

preflop raise size is bad

check flop

as played, call turn