Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Testing the rake at .25 -.50 limit on FTP

oh yeah, I think the rake back is 27%.

But OP, what other sites have you played? What's your winrate?
Old 11-19-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am putting aside $200 dollars to test out the lowest limit to see if i can beat a 5% rake with poor players and if so how much. I plan on 4-6 tableing 9 handed games and play until I reach 50,000 hands. I know it sounds fullish but is is a cheaper way to find out. I plan on it taking me about two months. Has anybody ever tried this? Any sugggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost
Old 11-19-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am putting aside $200 dollars to test out the lowest limit to see if i can beat a 5% rake with poor players and if so how much. I plan on 4-6 tableing 9 handed games and play until I reach 50,000 hands. I know it sounds fullish but is is a cheaper way to find out. I plan on it taking me about two months. Has anybody ever tried this? Any sugggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 11-19-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The last thing to worry about at the micros is the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the rake is the *worst* in the micros, because you almost never get pots that cap it. Also, FTPs NL micro rake is 10% (!), not 5%. Same with micro tourneys...the 'fee' is an outrageous percentage of the entry, at least by internet standards (e.g. $1 + $.25).
Old 11-19-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am putting aside $200 dollars to test out the lowest limit to see if i can beat a 5% rake with poor players and if so how much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since nobody's asked, why? I mean, unless you're Dave's car-decal-peeling long-lost twin, or his gimmick account, I can't see any purpose to this "experiment" (and even then it'd just be to make sure your Nit Club points keep you in contention for the season-end trophy).
Old 11-19-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The last thing to worry about at the micros is the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the rake is the *worst* in the micros, because you almost never get pots that cap it. Also, FTPs NL micro rake is 10% (!), not 5%. Same with micro tourneys...the 'fee' is an outrageous percentage of the entry, at least by internet standards (e.g. $1 + $.25).

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the last thing to worry about at the micros because generally at this level you are starting out and have a ton of other problems with your game that you can fix. You can't fix the rake at Stars or FTP only mitigate it so listening to people whinge about it is just boring. Or they are in such deep denial about their ability that they'd be winning players if it wasn't for that damn rake.