Local Home Game 1.00/2.00 Cash Game 7 Handed-Max Buy-in 100.00
HERO-(UTG)185.00
MP-95.00
MP-120.00
CO-88.00
BTN-135.00
SB-70.00
VILLAIN (BB)-165.00

I dont know my stats for session, but i'm percieved to be a semi-lag player. I usually dont raise weird hands UTG due to that it's a loose game. Skill level of players at this home game isn't very high. VILLAIN has recently adjusted from being pretty tight with betting and hand selection, but recently has become much more lag and bluffing more. As i said he views me as a bully who doesn't need a great hand to raise UTG.

PRE-FLOP
HERO UTG raises $8 - K-K
Five folds, BB calls 6.

FLOP
J J 6 Rainbow VILLAIN bets $15, HERO calls.

TURN
Q No flush draw. VILLAIN checks, HERO checks behind. (I check here feeling his c/r pct is high enough that i didnt think he would call with worse but would reraise due to my image to him as a lag). I also felt he could slowplay trips on turn since he knows i'm aggro and likely to fire at weakness.

RIVER
Q VILLAIN fires $30, HERO folds.

I didnt have a solid read on where i was at so i decided to take the conservative route. I had been winning in this game w/o calling river bets when i was unsure of where I stood.
If my thread is bad then dont bash please. First Post be nice. I really like the site and the regs who write great threads and responses.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Re: KK overpair on scary river card

bet the trn as played im calling allday...
Old 11-18-2007, 05:58 PM

a very nice first post, especially live. good format/etc.

flop seems fine. semi deep, i'm not sure i want to get committed by raising this flop. turn seems okay, i would sometimes bet here.

river, i would typically pay off. you've shown tremendous weakness, villan is aggressive and there are plenty of worse hands he could have.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:03 PM

on the internetz, I pay this off given how it was played, which isn't bad by the way given game texture and flow.

Live, I guess if you can make great reads, you can lay this donw, but standard should be call imo with how much you've underrepresented your hand.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:21 PM

I completely agree with what you and orange stated. I didnt consider how much more likely he would be to bluff based on how passive i played the hand, as well as his added aggression. I also felt that i could only beat a bluff essentially. I probably should've made a crying call, but villain usually doesnt random bluff river. As i also stated i was winning w/o guessing on river too. But upon thinking about it I agree folding was wrong in long run.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I completely agree with what you and orange stated. I didnt consider how much more likely he would be to bluff based on how passive i played the hand, as well as his added aggression. I also felt that i could only beat a bluff essentially. I probably should've made a crying call, but villain usually doesnt random bluff river. As i also stated i was winning w/o guessing on river too. But upon thinking about it I agree folding was wrong in long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta like to gamble. I know for me I used to fold way too much. Now I only fold a little too much. The key is to know your tendencies. When I have a question, I call. This decision to 'gamble' and try to enjoy the gamble has helped me a lot. Also, it's a reason I play much better at 1/2 than when I take shots at 2/4 or 3/6, even though I sit in those games only when they're super.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:14 PM

It's so obvious to villain you don't have a J or a Q here. Considering how all pairs lower than TT (and your hand looks a lot like 77-TT) just got raped by the river, villain will be bluffing a lot here. Might even feel QQJJA is the best hand although i dunno if he valuebets it.