Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Re: The house takes all the money.

The problem is if you want to play cards online there is no better alternative. WPX has no or little rake but it sucks, the player pool is tougher and nearly nonexistant. So it really comes down to 2 choices:

a) don't play
b) play on a major site and try to win while getting raped up the ass by rake

Since all the major sites are charging about the same rake (which is A LOT), they probably don't consider it worthwhile lowering the rake to attract more players from other sites, since the majority of people that play are fish and could care less where they play, they just want to gamble. So from a site's business perspective it really comes down to, either lowering the rake to attract the regulars, which would undoubtedly result in losing millions of dollars annually or taking that money and using it to promote their site to attract more fish. Poker sites are in business to make money, not to make the regulars happy.

I just wish there was a good site that wasn't so [censored] greedy, the owners in charge would really have to care more about its players and the game than the money.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:14 AM

All World Poker Exchange needs to do is sell a % of the site to: Nick Schulman, Tom Dwan, Prahlad Friedman, Krantz, Jman, TheBryce, Taylor Caby, Sbrugby, the guys over at stoxtrader without endorsement deals, a few more high profile 20 something year old pros, have them invest a million dollars for software as good as full tilt and pokerstars, and then they all play a ton of world poker tour and worlds series of poker events wearing logos for the site. And the rest of us will sport World Poker Exchange t-shirts and hats etc. Theyll charge max rake $1 per pot on low limit games, standard rake on high stakes games, cut the tournamets and sit n go fees to 2.5%. These guys will easily make their investment back oncee the site takes off. They'll each make millions of dollars infact. And this will all happen before Full Tilt or Pokerstars dares to compete on rake and lower theirs. Once this occurs , it wil be so easy for everyone to make much more $$$$. And so many bad players will last longer and end up making it to higher stakes where we can all feast on them. I'm the man with the plan, lets make it happen. People who know these guys contact them. Set the wheels in motion.

Or they could all get together and start their own site. World Poker Exchange sucks anyways.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:23 AM

The one thing all these no name poker sites with no business is missing is famous pro endorsers playing all the telivised tournaments decked out clothes with their site logo on it, you combine this with rake 1/3rd what pokerstars and full tilt are charging, and youve got the formula to build a new site this late in the game.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:22 AM

While you're at it, you should look into providing a bunch of other services free of charge as well. I'm totally in with you OP. Not only will I play poker at your site if you offer no-rake games (if it's safe/secure, has great customer service, reliable software, advertises and brings in fish, etc etc), but I'll bring my dry cleaning to your no-charge dry-cleaning shop, and have my car washed at your no-charge carwash and any other service you're little brain can think of providing free of charge. I like your style.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
While you're at it, you should look into providing a bunch of other services free of charge as well. I'm totally in with you OP. Not only will I play poker at your site if you offer no-rake games (if it's safe/secure, has great customer service, reliable software, advertises and brings in fish, etc etc), but I'll bring my dry cleaning to your no-charge dry-cleaning shop, and have my car washed at your no-charge carwash and any other service you're little brain can think of providing free of charge. I like your style.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the way you're thinking [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2007, 03:48 AM

I NEVER SAID FREE OF CHARGE, good job changing what I said to fit your [censored] talking.

10 people buy-in for $200 each in a $1-$2 no limit game. Collectively, that is $2000.00. 30 hands are raked a maximum
of $3 an an hour, plus a bunch of other pots are raked say an average of $1. We'll say $100 an hour is coming off the table. After 6 hours, the house has $600.00. About 1/3rd of the money. Lets say a bunch of them have rebought for another $200. So the players have put a total of $4000 up. And they play another 6 hours. After 12 hours, the house has over 25% of their money. PLAYING DAY IN DAY OUT, THE HOUSE ENDS UP WITH ALLLLLLLL THE MONEY. CAN I BE ANYMORE CLEAR????? HOW DO HALF OF YOU NOT SEE IT???

Through this silly card game, they are siphong away MASSIVE amounts of money from people who live paycheck to payccheck.
NOBODY SEEMS TO NOTICE, NOBODY SEENS TO CARE, AND THATS WHAT THEY COUNT ON. More than half of you arent smart enough to teach 8th graders math considering that 2.5 billion people have an IQ of 100 or lower.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:00 AM

50 people that have some money all put $2000 in an online poker account, a total of $100,000. They all like playing $100 9-handed sit n go tournaments where the house takes $9 each per player per tournament. All 50 of these people play 10 tournaments per week for 4 weeks. 50 people X 10 tournaments per week X $9 per tournament X 4 weeks = $18000 the house has taken. Lets say they play another month same standards, the house has $38000 of their money.
Isnt it beyond obvious that Chris Ferguson, Isai Sheinberg, Howard Lederer, Ruth Parasol, Calvin Ayre(the sites=these people) has all our $ in their bank accounts and 90% of the players lose everything.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Isnt it beyond obvious that Chris Ferguson, Isai Sheinberg, Howard Lederer, Ruth Parasol, Calvin Ayre(the sites=these people) has all our $ in their bank accounts and 90% of the players lose everything.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I'm not part of those 90% that lose, so why should I give a [censored]?

Please tell me this is a huge level.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:55 AM

When people say these sites, they should say these people. These people are well aware theyve produced a gambling racket where they fleece/siphon away huge amounts of money from ignorant morons. Not that poker players are fin saints or anything, but at least we are competing against one another for each others money. The house is just fleecing us alll by taking a MASSIVE cut of the money for themselves.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:48 AM

900,000 players lose, about 100,000 might win something.

THE HOUSE TAKES ALL THE MONEY.
Closed Thread