Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: 100r small boat

Do we even know what the blinds are yet?
Old 11-06-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As for completing in the sb with a 2 offsuit, i dont really like it that much. With stacks as short as these makes it a lot harder to outplay your opponents even if you are better postflop. also just in general being in the worst position with the reverse implied odds, i wouldnt call. Being a cash and mtt player, this hand is interesting. At first like djk i was thinking call, but when i looked over it more, it was a lot tougher. I think the cash people bashing tourney players arent necesarily right in the fact that this call and calls liek this are so bad. It would be in a cash game because usually its like a pot sized raise because of the deeper stacks. But in mtt's the pot odds are so good that i doubt id fold this during the game, but in theory hed like never do this with a bluff, so if i had time to think about it id fold it.

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus you're hard to understand

[/ QUOTE ]
all im trying to say is that people all the time overestimate there postflop skills and especially in situations like these where the stacks arent deep, it makes it even harder for you to outplay people because theres less room to make plays. These are the types of things that happen when u play a 2 from the SB.
1.If you flop an ace u wont know necesarily where your at, so youll face pressure from good players knowing u have a weak hand in the sb. If you go with it youll usually in horrible shape, if you dont u might be bluffed off the best hand.
2.If you planning to bluff/check raise certain flops you risk swpeing a ton of your stack if your wrong and when ur right it wont give u a ton of leverage in the overall mtt.
3. might have said this but, u wont get payed off with worst hands rarely. And when u hit 2 pair or trips youll rarely get action, most of the time people will have nothing

In short, eventhough its only half a blind to complete, which adds up in the long run. I choose to put myself in better spots than this, and OP i hope in the future u will heed my advice and do the same.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yea i know you're gettin good odds, but how often are you going to flop trips, two pair, or a straight?

[/ QUOTE ]

how many gas stations do you think there are in the united states?

[/ QUOTE ]

~1 in 24 for 2-pair or better.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:52 PM

imo pf is kinda meh but always folding is probably almost as bad as always completing so who cares.

the river is so sick that I don't think I can fold either but it's, like, not a snap call or anything.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These are the types of things that happen when u play a 2 from the SB.
1.If you flop an ace u wont know necesarily where your at, so youll face pressure from good players knowing u have a weak hand in the sb. If you go with it youll usually in horrible shape, if you dont u might be bluffed off the best hand.
2.If you planning to bluff/check raise certain flops you risk swpeing a ton of your stack if your wrong and when ur right it wont give u a ton of leverage in the overall mtt.
3. might have said this but, u wont get payed off with worst hands rarely. And when u hit 2 pair or trips youll rarely get action, most of the time people will have nothing

In short, eventhough its only half a blind to complete, which adds up in the long run. I choose to put myself in better spots than this, and OP i hope in the future u will heed my advice and do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's what I'll say about 1-3, you're saying very basic comments that everyone learned three years ago- but you have NO idea how well people who read hands well can read board textures.

NO idea.

We will always be one level above anyone who is capable of a utg limp, and be able to play nearly perfectly against his range.

Again, you have no idea- trust me. You're like "hey, I'll check raise bluff some flops! .. it worked that time! I'm outplaying people postflop! look at me! I'm Phil Hellmuth!"

But more than likely you have no idea how to read flops, it's a whole nother language to you. Two years ago I thought I was good too but flop textures were like chinese to me in hindsight.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
These are the types of things that happen when u play a 2 from the SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's what I'll say about 1-3, you're saying very basic comments that everyone learned three years ago- but you have NO idea how well people who read hands well can read board textures.

NO idea.

We will always be one level above anyone who is capable of a utg limp, and be able to play nearly perfectly against his range.

Again, you have no idea- trust me. You're like "hey, I'll check raise bluff some flops! .. it worked that time! I'm outplaying people postflop! look at me! I'm Phil Hellmuth!"

But more than likely you have no idea how to read flops, it's a whole nother language to you. Two years ago I thought I was good too but flop textures were like chinese to me in hindsight.

[/ QUOTE ]
u may think my insight is simple or something that everyone knows, but ur obv wrong. If people knew all this stuff we wouldnt see the same mistakes we see all the damn time. And were in an MTT forum, talking about mtts so ur talk about flop texture is practically irrelevant imo when the stacks are this shallow, since there isnt much postflop play at this point of the tournament....... and obv just an immature chance to take a shot at me or w/e. which doesnt make sense to most people. ill one day see u grow up hopefully, but in the meantime, play a 2 offsuit from the SB and ill keep making money, thats my last response to this tread, lates
Old 11-06-2007, 03:12 PM

seems all poker forums have well-timed aggression.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And were in an MTT forum, talking about mtts so ur talk about flop texture is practically irrelevant imo when the stacks are this shallow, since there isnt much postflop play at this point of the tournament

[/ QUOTE ]

well then, as long as we're on the same page!

[ QUOTE ]
ill one day see u grow up hopefully, but in the meantime, play a 2 offsuit from the SB and ill keep making money, thats my last response to this tread, lates

[/ QUOTE ]

you prob limped some garbage in the small blind and flopped a boat and won the million, bc as AMAZING as you are at folding, you can't fold your way into 156 buy ins at 5-10 nl!
Old 11-06-2007, 03:20 PM

I call pre, for the reasons stated by Ship. Additionally, 500 chips don't mean anything at this point in the tournament, I really think it's virtually the same decision as whether to fold rather than check your option in the big blind.

On the river, you could easily have a 2, Villain knows this, I think it's accordingly a horrible spot to bluff, I'd fold.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:21 PM

intresting thread development..

I have thought some more on this hand and I think its actually a fold on the paper, in my last post I said it might be a fold, but in the heat of action I cannot see myself doing it.

I might be wrong, but I dont think anyone in this thread (incl Ansky) would fold the hand, at least not without taking some of the timebank.

if you think you really can fold a hand like this if you come up to that its the right decision and you really mean it i'm quite impressed. is it a way to train to really really think about the relative value/EV etc. and go with your read in spots like this?

also, I think that making huge folds like this is an overrated thing to be "good" at in poker that many players overrate (esp semi-newbies). beeing able to really go with your reads (both folds/bluffs etc.) is a great thing though.