Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 11:09 PM

Default 25NL: TT overpair facing c/rai vs very aggressive player

Villain's stats are 47/26/4/120, all hands are from this session. He is very aggressive postflop and took down lots of pots, and he ist not afraid to bet big on later streets if he smells weakness. He bets the flop 70%, turn 45%, river 56%.

I caught him bluffing at hand 50 of the current session:

Party Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $32.83
UTG: $28.51
BTN: $22.65
SB: $25.68

Pre-Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($6.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.20</font>, UTG calls $3.20

River: ($12.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $7</font>, Hero calls $7

Results: $26.50 Pot ($1.32 Rake)
Hero showed 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pairs, Jacks and Eights) and WON $25.18 (+$11.98 NET)
UTG showed 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Jacks) and LOST (-$13.20 NET)

He slowed down for a few orbits because after this hand his raises were 3bet a lot by other players, but continued to push the table around soon.

Then I found TT OTB and he c/rai my c-bet on a very dry board. I don't know if this is an easy call, and i have no idea what he is holding.

Party Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $57.17
SB: $19.89
BB: $26.91
UTG: $25.89
CO: $37.09

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, SB calls $1.15, 2 folds

Flop: ($3) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.25</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $18.64 and is All-In</font>
Old 11-03-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: 25NL: TT overpair facing c/rai vs very aggressive player

It sounds like you have some good reads on this player witch is a lot better then mosts posts which say "15/22 3bet me what i do?" but its hard to describe everything you saw to us so you would know best.

Going with you read I'd think i would call here, he would play hands like 89 like this...the one thing im a little worried about is a slowplayed overpair. Sometimes when a loose player is running the table over with junk they finally get a premium hand and are afraid to bet it because they think everyone will just fold.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: 25NL: TT overpair facing c/rai vs very aggressive player

You are right, based on my read everybody should say call here (and to be worried about a premium pair).

Usually i don't have good reads on a particular players, because i was used to a least playing 4 tables. Last month i had a horrible downswing and decided to play only 2 tables at once and develop my reading skills. It helped A LOT.

After reading my post again, i noticed that i didn't phrase a specific question at all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I make up for my mistake:

How likely is he to (semi)bluff me when i caught him bluffing one time? I don't pick up bluffs very often, so i don't really have experience with that.

If you were me and had the same read, do you call with QQ+?