Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Chances this plan works? (Both professors let me make up the exams)
100% 12 4.27%
90% 32 11.39%
80% 47 16.73%
70% 48 17.08%
60% 30 10.68%
50% 40 14.23%
40% 14 4.98%
30% 21 7.47%
20% 13 4.63%
10% or less 24 8.54%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Guitar Hero III

[ QUOTE ]
beating Lou is easy

Save up 3 powerups besides the broken fret one

Wait until you are done and he has his final solo,, use them in a chain (use one, when it ends start the 2nd and then the 3rd) and he dies real fast and easy

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried to save up my powerups but I keep on failing the song before I can get 3. WTF is up with lefty switch.... that [censored] makes me fail everytime!!!
Old 10-29-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The rumors are that it's region free on the 360. I think I'll order a copy. I can't wait for the EU release on Nov 23rd.

[/ QUOTE ]

can anyone confirm deny?

[/ QUOTE ]
I can confirm that it is region free.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
beating Lou is easy

Wait until you are done and he has his final solo,, use them in a chain (use one, when it ends start the 2nd and then the 3rd) and he dies real fast and easy

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried to save up my powerups but I keep on failing the song before I can get 3. WTF is up with lefty switch.... that [censored] makes me fail everytime!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lefty switch is devastating. Absolutely devastating. I usually just concentrate on two colors at that point and forget about all of the others.

Also, battle mode >>>>>>> any other way of playing against a friend.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
beating Lou is easy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah my main problem is that he gets his powerups first and uses them when my powerup runs come... i have been able to get two almost everytime now but its not enough to finish him on hard [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

someone told me that for expert if you get a whammy on your first powerup and use it on his first string green notes he will fail right there... seemed to be confirmed by most gaming forums
Old 10-29-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I see what all the hype is about now. I didn't think it would be that much fun, but got it for the Wii anyway. Man, what a blast. Still playing through on easy. 3* and 4* most everything, 5* one song but can't remember which one it was. I have no idea how the hell i'm going to pass a song using all 5 buttons. My fingers are killing me today and I maybe played 3 hours yesterday. So fun though.

[/ QUOTE ]

my sentiments exactly. i beat easy yesterday, i think it took 5 tries on Lou. i haven't done all the songs, just the required 3 per stage. i may warmup today by doing the rest of the songs, and then bash on to medium. i really don't know if i'm going to get my pinky in action. it just seems so useless.

what are some of these advanced techniques people are talking about?

elbow strumming?
tapping?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a video of someone tapping Jordan in GH2 (starting around 2:19). I'm guessing that elbow strumming is what you have to do when you bring your right hand up to tap. This seems insanely hard to me, but it does look pretty cool.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got the wii version(stupid 360 ring of death), and it feels off, it might be its not hyperspeed that is [censored] with me, the lag calibration seemed fine

but end result I can barely beat the first tier songs on hard [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
The game will seem off a bit when you first try it but I think it's the new engine. Atleast for me, after I played the game for a while I was nailing HOPOs normally again. Just give it a little time.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah Im getting a little better hang of it, though my whammy isn't working [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] so I can't beat Tom Morello as whammy = instaloss

[/ QUOTE ]

Same [censored] with me. I'm actually going right now to take mine back, cause Morello kicked my ass cause I couldn't get the whammy bar to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

I normally only depress the whammy bar about half way when I use it, and it barely registers unless you almost completely depress it for this new guitar (I have Wii version). But it works fine for me otherwise.

As for the lag, I had the same problem, to the point where I could barely play correctly. I calibrated lag to 15ms and it's perfect (for me at least, I have HDTV though).
Old 10-29-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] raining blood omfggggggggg [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

No [censored], this song is [censored] retarded. I'm so pissed it's on the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

It took me a few tries too. I had to calibrate the lag to get it.

To pass the song, you need star power before the rough part, after which it's relatively easy.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:59 PM

to pass raining blood (on hard at least) I just did the freya-trick of just hitting the BYR trills and the chords and ignored the OBY trills.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:39 PM

Hope the boss battles are fun to play. They're miserable to watch. All the sound effects from powerups ruin the song.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hope the boss battles are fun to play. They're miserable to watch. All the sound effects from powerups ruin the song.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. From my experience they're over pretty quick one way or the other. Battle mode for multiplayer is pretty fun actually, though I still prefer pro face-off mode.