Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 06:36 PM

Default Re: I feel like I\'m banging my head against a brick wall

You are obviously making tons of mistakes. Play more hands. Hire a coach if you can afford $100/hr.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:34 PM

Old 10-27-2007, 09:27 PM

I havent played these limits since I started playing but I'd imagine you are probably playing too many marginal hands. You may also be making too many bluffs against players who wont lay hands down. I only ever played full ring at these limits, and I sat like a rock, waited for premium hands and doubled up time and time again. You cant do anything fancy or too clever- just play big hands big and small hands small
Old 10-28-2007, 01:10 AM
 is offline

Stats actualy look real solid. 27k is a small sample, you could be running bad
Old 10-28-2007, 03:44 PM

Are you pushing tiny edges vs fishes? Thats what i find my biggest cause of variance(and probably leak), whenever i see some 80/10 monkey i start going nuts with bottom pair or just a high and its just crazy variance...
Old 10-29-2007, 05:18 AM

the poker advice in this forum seems generally...not good. don't be so hung up on stats. post some hands.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:35 PM

Ok I debated making a new thread about this, but I think I will post it here. I had one person look over my about 200 hands of mine and comment which helped, but I had another person go over every session I played to make sure I wasn't f'ing up.

So the first 4 days I think I'm down, and the fourth day I'm just getting hammered on a thursday night and I'm like f this, if I'm gonna keep dropping buyins I'm gonna do it my way. If I've lost my mind then the person looking over my hhs will tell me. It was nice to have that safety net feeling. So basically my entire postflop mentality changed from the standard 2+2 nit line to doing whatever I felt like. Ever since then I feel like I've been crushing 25nl, although small sample of maybe 7k+ hands.

Anyways I wanted to ask you guys why you think this mentality works. Sometimes my vpip/pfr/af looks just like it used to when I was a nit, but I'm thinking differently postflop and it seems to work. I just moved up to 50nl and I find myself getting caught in the same nit state, and I have to get in a gambling mood in order to get myself out of it. Usually the difference when I'm playing and able to switch states like that is night and day.

PS I really needed people to look over all of my hands histories, I think that helped a lot too. I'm super super grateful for that.