Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Survivor China OFFICIAL THREAD

James the Gravedigger also works as a bouncer here at bars in downtown Lafayette. I don't know him personally, but people that do say he's very shy and quiet...unusual for a Survivor contestant.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:51 AM

I thought Chicken would be a memorable character at least.

I'm not sure how full of life this group is. Obviously we'll enjoy JRB and Ashley and maybe the Gravedigger for his athleticism.

Besides that I'm not getting too much I don't think, though obviously it's early.

I saw a lot more potential in past seasons for characters.

That NYC waitress Courtney might be the closest guess for good TV.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
James the Gravedigger also works as a bouncer here at bars in downtown Lafayette. I don't know him personally, but people that do say he's very shy and quiet...unusual for a Survivor contestant.

[/ QUOTE ]

He seems like a really genuine nice guy.
He'll never make it for this reason. His best shot is to kick ass on challenges once they go to individual immunity. He should at least be safe until then because he is such a challenge stud. As soon as he took the dragon head last night, I knew they were winning.

Chicken was an idiot, but his group was more stupid for voting him off first. Jesus, he was stupid, though...he had a lot to offer, he just didn't want to rock the boat early. unfortunately, he was grouped with the young, lazy, and stupid group.

Jean-Robert got a good draw, however. He could go for a while...
Old 09-21-2007, 03:11 PM

chicken woulda been annoying on ur tribe

he didn't say "in my experience, we should be doing it x way instead of y way"...instead he did the condescending "u aren't really gonna do it that way are you?"

and then when people asked for his opinion, he was like "i'm just going with the flow" and "i agree with you"

first condescending, then passive-aggressive annoying...had to go...like one person said "what good is having his strength on the tribe if he isn't gonna use it to help us"
Old 09-21-2007, 06:18 PM

So what's with that poker player. I see he has had some good finishes at the poker table but otherwise he appears to be socially incompetent to me. With all the thousands of poker players around I had higher expectations.
Was his questioning the airline steward (gay, not that there's anything wrong with that) supposed to be some kind of strategic mind game. Brilliant! Yeah sure. Thats the way to build allliances by calling a guy a liar over some insignficant point. I wish the Grinder went broke so he could consider playing the "Survivor" game. There's a guy you could cheer for.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:24 PM

JRB on ESPN poker events has come off as pretty annoying. Like some arrogant guy making comments to get camera time. I have no idea what that conversation with the airline steward was about, saying he knew the guy was sneaky or a shark or whatever.

Maybe his best strategic move so far was to show up to Survivor overweight, so that by the time he's starved a few weeks into the show, some of that blubber will have burned off and he'll have a more normal looking body, while normal looking guys will have a more anorexic looking body.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:55 AM

jrb clearly has a bad case of fancy play syndrome
Old 09-22-2007, 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what that conversation with the airline steward was about, saying he knew the guy was sneaky or a shark or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can tell you. It wasn't that complicated. The guy told him what he did for a living and JB told him he didn't believe him. It was just such a blatantly simple reaction.
My youngest daughter said " is that poker player ever dumb". I almost felt embarassed. lol.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:18 AM

It's hard to gauge how this show is going to be based solely on this first episode. I remember not enjoying last season's Survivor until about mid way through the season. Still, this first episode was very engaging. I really hate the direction the show has been going by selecting 'characters' as contestants.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:02 AM

I thought this was one of the most boring episodes I have ever watched.