Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 03:51 PM

Default two hands from the 55fo, 3k stacks yesterday

kinda tight table, CO in the first hand has been active before but have been quiet for a while now

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t3000/t6000
(Ante: t300)
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t159180
UTG+1: t47575
MP1: t37500
MP2: t107074
CO: t58731
Button: t39430
hero: t89205
BB: t131496

Pre-flop: (8 players) hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises all-in t58431</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises all-in t88905</font>.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t6000/t12000
(Ante: t600)
7 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t86120
hero: t98921
MP1: t124166
CO: t151380
Button: t87830
SB: t158518
BB: t93074

Pre-flop: (7 players) hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises all-in t98321</font>
Old 06-11-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: two hands from the 55fo, 3k stacks yesterday

gonna post first since Kurt and I discussed this. I think A8 is a good call. I don't love the second push though. To give you a little history, from what I read (and I think Kurt will agree), he has been active from UTG in a few orbits now and I think that some of the better players (MP - CO) have caught on. I'd rather wait for an easier steal opportunity. Am I being too tight here?

Barry
Old 06-11-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gonna post first since Kurt and I discussed this. I think A8 is a good call. I don't love the second push though. To give you a little history, from what I read (and I think Kurt will agree), he has been active from UTG in a few orbits now and I think that some of the better players (MP - CO) have caught on. I'd rather wait for an easier steal opportunity. Am I being too tight here?

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I like the first hand too much just because you'll be OTB/ LP the next few hands and will be able to chip up with out risking so much of your stack- I'd be interested to what range you put the CO in the first hand to make A8 a good call.

Second hand is a fold in my opinion but a push is also fine, I think depending on Image. Probably a fold after the A8 hand.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I like the first hand too much just because you'll be OTB/ LP the next few hands and will be able to chip up with out risking so much of your stack- I'd be interested to what range you put the CO in the first hand to make A8 a good call.

Second hand is a fold in my opinion but a push is also fine, I think depending on Image. Probably a fold after the A8 hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crash,

CO has been active before, probably ran super card dead when he quieted down. Blinds are tight. So we know that he probably knows his M is less than 5 and he needs to gamble. He knows he has great FE by pushing with a nice range. A8 is ahead of a nice chunk and is getting nice overlay against 22 - 77, which he pushes too. I liked Kurt's call here.

Barry
Old 06-11-2007, 05:06 PM

just to clarify these werent in succession. the a8 hand i thought about as fairly standard. he is probably pushing atleast 89+ in scs, lots of queens, maybe all kings and aces, all pairs.

the a9 was kinda rash, this is 7handed tho, so i have 5 left to act they might fold at aj here (kinda nitty table and i got a stack to cripple everyone). was a bit inspired by the one next to me that openpushed last hand at my position and tookthe blinds. well i dont know. its a very marginal spot i guess. as it turned out i actually got it quite good vs both qq and jj