Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 03:07 PM

Default 25NL: AKs on monotone flop, value extraction.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $24.95
BB: $57.58
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $33.50</font>
BTN: $3.65

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises all-in to $3.65</font>, SB folds, BB calls $3.40, Hero calls $2.65

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($11.05) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 All-In)
<font color="red">BB bets $6.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero?</font>

Button is running at 33/14/1.57 over 36 hands. He is propably not all that good, I think I am way ahead of his range here.

BB is 21/15/2.42 over 98 hands. He is pretty aggressive and probaly a winner in the game.

Preflop I elected just to call because I was surprised by the BB's cold call. Is a 4bet to isolate the button better here?

On the flop I couldn't decide wether to raise or call. I am holding the As and the Ks so he can only draw to the 3rd nuts here.
I think he folds QQ+ to a raise here aswell as some combo hands like QsJx, or Qs9x, whereas he will very likely felt them if I flat call

Given the preflop action it's unlikely he has a lower flush here but sets/two-pair are a big part of his range and another spade will kill my action then.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: 25NL: AKs on monotone flop, value extraction.

I think calling and raising immediately are both legitimate options.

Given that BB is tight, I doubt he has QsJx or Qs9x here. I guess maybe KQo is possible. I'm thinking more in terms of a trickily played overpair, an underpair with a spade in it, AJ in some other suit, AxQs, or a set that's looking to bet/3-bet, though. On the other hand, the fact that SB is all-in cuts down on the attractiveness of betting a hand like AxQs into an empty side pot, you'd think.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:22 PM

If he flopped a set all the money is going in on this flop if he's not retarded. That said, he has 10 outs against your flush if he did flop a set, so you absolutely need to raise him here. Pop it up to 14 and hope he pushes.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:24 PM

I 4 bet preflop

As played put in a smallish raise 15-16, calling sucks since another spade will call any action.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:31 PM

I'd just call and beg that the turn wouldn't pair the board or give another spade. If he raises again on the turn go all-in and if not make a decent bet and get your remaining money in on the river.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:32 PM

He's unlikely to put much money in with a Q high flush draw or even with a Q high flush with you cold calling the flop.
I think you have to resign yourself to no getting any more action unless he has a set, in which case you must raise here.

Raise, expect him to fold or push and be done with it.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Results

I raised, BB folded and Button showed 77.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $24.95
BB: $57.58
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $33.50</font>
BTN: $3.65

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises all-in to $3.65</font>, SB folds, BB calls $3.40, Hero calls $2.65

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($11.05) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 All-In)
<font color="red">BB bets $6.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $15.50</font>, BB folds
Uncalled bet of $9.50 returned to Hero

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($23.05) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($23.05) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $23.05

BTN had 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a flush, Jack high) and LOST (-$3.65)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a flush, Ace high) and WON (+$21.75)
Old 06-10-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Results

You played the hand correctly and won a nice pot, no shame in not stacking BB here.