Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 04:46 AM

Default Re: Several Hotshots Supposedly Broke Or In Debt

Strassa,

Damn, son!
Old 05-30-2007, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Strassa,

Damn, son!

[/ QUOTE ]

you know if diablo says it, you're onto something

*munches popcorn
Old 05-30-2007, 05:56 AM

and...
strassa steals the show.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:12 AM

Strassa,

Lots of hate. I like it.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
David,

You are one lame old man and I'd much rather be any of these broke hotshots than be your panzy ass. You take great comfort in these big famous names, who get to make money off TV deals and bone D list celebrities, when they go broke. You remind me of my HS chemistry teacher who had a PHD in chemistry, you consistently tell everyone (I read a few recent posts of yours in the finance forums) that you are a lazy genius, and quite frankly I admire the scrappy idiot or the John Robert Belland's of the world more than I admire you and your advanced yet waste of space intellect.

This is the lamest piece of gossip ever, made even more lame by the fact that you refuse to out anyone yet state that Guy staked one of these big losers. Great David, the whole [censored] world knows that Guy stakes Booth, you are a BIG MAN for keeping names out of this thread.

How about you leave NVG until you come back with actual gossip that people might care about? And while we're on the topic, how about you show a little courtesy for the players you sit with in cash games? You annoy everyone endlessly when you constantly leave the table to go check on horses/Brandi.

"Who knows the great enthusiams, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who have never known neither victory nor defeat." teddy r

These hotshots might be broke, but at least they probably went down with a fight and had some life to their step and are not spending their entire life underachieving.

[/ QUOTE ]

I respect you for honstly expressing your opinion.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:06 AM

re: strassa,

Jesus I gotta read NVG more.

Regardless of how David acts on twoplustwo or at the tables though, it's pretty ironic that you call Sklansky 'underachieving' in a post on his (highly successful) poker discussion website.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Regardless of how David acts on twoplustwo or at the tables though, it's pretty ironic that you call Sklansky 'underachieving' in a post on his (highly successful) poker discussion website.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gild.

To the best of my knowledge, David doesn't own any of this site, or of the publishing company. (and also it could VERY easily be argued that despite this site's growth, it's exactly underachieving given the money that it could have generated).
Old 05-30-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gild.

To the best of my knowledge, David doesn't own any of this site, or of the publishing company. (and also it could VERY easily be argued that despite this site's growth, it's exactly underachieving given the money that it could have generated).

[/ QUOTE ]

It could do better but it does generate millions and OF COURSE I am a full partner in the ownership. Do you think I would be writing many of the things I write if I wasn't?
Old 05-30-2007, 04:07 PM

a request to admo: i think your bet to do some amazing photoshop work is over(?), but it'd be [censored] cool if you could do a grand-theft-auto style work for this thread.

thanks,
Anderson1
Old 05-30-2007, 12:05 PM

i think your post is a bit uncalled for and i also feel that most people who saluted you did so because they love seeing a bloodbath, not because they believe that david deserves your comments. while some of what you say is certainly spot on, its over the top.

why would you want david to leave nvg? just because he gave a 5/10 in nvg contributions? there are hundreds of others who contribute less than he does. why dont we ban barryg because he only posts once a month? maybe david's intentions were to educate readers by painting a picture of high stakes poker in its truist form, not to tear down the images of good people whove tried hard to establish them. isnt that a noble intent?

what gives you the right for judging david on being a "lazy genius"? are you that much better? as poker players we are all leeches on others and provide no productivity for our time. im sure your wall street job will go on to save starving children in africa while reducing CO2 emissions. yes, david clearly revels in receiving gratification from the masses, but i also think its quite clear that he does enjoy educating people. he even has ambitions of writing the most effective book for teaching children algebra.

not everyone spends their life dedicating themselves to noble causes. most do what makes themselves happy, and most people would be lazy if they could afford to be. youre a really good guy in person, but your post makes you come off as a spoiled brat.