Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Religion DOES Do More Good Than Harm

I have to agree with Slansky on this. I'm very biased because of my faith, but I think it allows be to understand what he means becaused I've actually experienced it. I'm very intelligent, bright, and logical, which makes me a horible candidate for Christianity. The only thing that I have going for me is that I have a big heart. "Coming to Christ" allowed be to stop dictating my life by trying to control it and having to figure everything out at once. I used to think I was sort of happy, but it wasn't until I found God that I found out what true happiness was.

Now was it all real? You probably don't think so. Even though it absolutely changed my life 100% for the better it can be all chalked up to an emotional experience or a false hope in something to distract me from life's problems. Whatever.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely believe it was real, but even if it wasn't it changed my life for the better. The week after I was "saved" my parents and non-christian friends couldn't believe the change in me. Everyone was asking me about it and said they've never seen me so clear and happy. One of my friends, who is one of the smartest people I know and who I've had countless intellectual conversations with, told me to get real and that I was way too smart to believe in any of it. I told him straight up, "Look, even if I was absolutely crazy and this is all a lie, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world". And to be honest he is one of the most miserable people I know. I have more to say but I gotta run but I hope at least I got something across to support the OP.