Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: the king of kong

[ QUOTE ]
Boris,

Where its a movie that's highly anticipated but only available in a couple cities, like this one, then completely disagree. People will want to talk about when they can see it, read general reviews, etc. Both starting a spoilers thread and putting your spoiler in white are simple things to do that preserve the thread for those that haven't been able to watch it.

I mean, if someone started a thread right after "The Usual Suspects" came out and you posted third with, "Holy [censored], I can't believe Sozay is Spacey!" you'd understand why people would be pissed at you, right?

Its even worse when it comes from someone who has been specifically warned about posting major spoilers before and doesn't typically seem like a mouth-breathing retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again RDH I'm sorry...normally wouldn't do it or discuss it unless it was in white. [censored] happens.

I've been warned about talking about future episodes in the LOST threads and anything that is related to the production of the show without putting it in white. Don't recall ever being warned about posting a major spoiler.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just saw this flick. Awesome.

RE: posting spoilers in a movie thread.

What in the heck is going to be posted if you can't talk about what happens in the movie? There will a couple posts of "I CANT WATE 2 SE THES RILLY AEWSOMA MOVEI
!!!!1!!1! LOL" and then the thread becomes worthless because no can actually talk about the flick. I thought it was common knowledge not to read the flick threads until after you see the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the OOT movie threads are always no spoilers...back when I first used to check out OOT I'm pretty sure it was how you described Boris aka Don't read unless you want to know what happens in the movie.

If you've seen the movie...I don't u think u can compare what I posted to saying Spacey is Keyser or Ed Norton & Brad Pitt are the same person...but they are both still spoilers that should be in white
Old 09-14-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What in the heck is going to be posted if you can't talk about what happens in the movie? There will a couple posts of "I CANT WATE 2 SE THES RILLY AEWSOMA MOVEI
!!!!1!!1! LOL" and then the thread becomes worthless because no can actually talk about the flick.

[/ QUOTE ]

boris, do you think movie reviews published in papers/internet sites are composed of either l33t jibberish or spoilers?

im not saying posts on 2+2 are the same quality as published articles but it demonstrates there's plenty of fertile ground in between the two styles you suggest.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:06 PM

I have only seen the trailer, but it seems to me this is only a few ad-libbed non-sequitors away from being a Will Ferrell comedy.

Very excited to see this documentary. The trick may be getting my wife to go.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:12 PM

bd - A good movie review is pretty difficult to write. I would say that 99.9% aren't even worth reading. A couple years ago there was an OOT poster who would post these long, well thought out movie reviews and nobody gave a rat's azz.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:47 PM

Just saw it for the 1st time yesterday. Loved it as much as I thought I would. Everyone should see it.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:03 AM

The movie was enjoyable, laugh out loud funny at times.

And this thread is a great companion reader for the movie.

Possible spoiler:

<font color="white">Naturally, I assume the film makers would edit for maximum effect, and that Billy might not be as spiteful (although I have a feeling he is that egotistical). But it is disappointing that they painted Mitchell's attitude to Wiebe as so cold.

To me, the main point of Wiebe's effort is not that he beat the record, but that he was able to win over so many in Billy Mitchell's cult of personality. That he was als able to have a civil relationship with Billy would only emphasize that.

But if you are trying to demonize Billy, that doesn't help. So they cut it out.

A shame. It would have still been a good movie, and Billy still would have come across as clueless and egotistical.</font>
Old 09-27-2007, 11:25 AM

Also, very cool that so many posts in the thread used white text to hide spoilers, but it became annoying to read after a while.

So I came up with a bookmarklet to turn white text into black text.

Then I just used "show all" executed the bookmarklet, and could read without highlighting all the white text.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:29 AM

A high school buddy of mine, Ben Falls, hit the Donkey Kong kill screen tonight at Barcade in Brooklyn. His score was only 858,400 though. He is a real contender for the world record in my opinion. A true master.