Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: How much would you spend..

now that i am more or less off the market and in a career path where my good looks won't help me move up that much anyway, i would consider selling some of my good looks to someone dumb enough to pay 10k / point.

lol at dudes who get plastic surgery.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:46 PM

Grooming accessories: 50$
Good looking clothes: 1000$
Reading PUA stuff: [censored] free
Nailing 9s when you're 5'6 and fugly: priceless

You guys need to get a clue. Looking like a model won't even let you have sex with any girl you want. From reading his posts, I thought Henry would know better. Guess I was wrong. Either that or his stories are bs.

EDIT: Add "working out" to the list. That doesn't cost much either.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:47 PM

Yeah, but what if you have tons of game and are a 3 or 4? By bumping up 3 notches, you could get a lot more girls.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From reading his posts, I thought Henry would know better. Guess I was wrong. Either that or his stories are bs.

[/ QUOTE ]

any guy who would pay for leg extensions if it wasn't so expensive is [censored] whack in my book. i won't even include the fact that i've seen him post some utter nonsensical dreck in the psychology forum.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but what if you have tons of game and are a 3 or 4? By bumping up 3 notches, you could get a lot more girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

right, but even though your marginal utility of those three notches would be greater than an average dude, in order to be a three or four you either have to be fat/lazy/dirty etc, or you have to be some kind of genetic freak.

if it's the former you can improve yourself to a 5 or 6 essentially for free, if it's the latter you should suck it up and admit you probably shouldn't reproduce. or just nail a chick as ugly as you.

it takes a lot for a dude to be a 3, when you consider how much grooming / fitness / style matter to women. i can't think of any guy i've ever met who is well-groomed, in shape and not dressed hilariously bad, and yet still less than a 5.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:52 PM

It isn't about having sex. If the goal is to get laid then the money would be better spent on stuff that would attract girls or simply getting call girls.

I see being good looking as a desired quality on it's own.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any guy who would pay for leg extensions if it wasn't so expensive is [censored] whack in my book. i won't even include the fact that i've seen him post some utter nonsensical dreck in the psychology forum

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't because of the cost. It is because of the painful recovery time. I'd happily pay the money if I'd just grow two inches with minimal pain.

Other then the leg extensions everything else I'm interest in is to fight off getting older.

With respect to psych. I believe psych is complete BS so yes anyone who believes in pseudo-science will think my posts are whack.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know for myself the answer comes out to at least $30k. Is attractiveness really worth that much? OOT what do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Worth way more than that. You'll recoup this in lifetime earnings in no time. $30K is not much. And going from a 7 to a 10 is ridiculously beneficial.

Personally, I probably wouldn't spend any on improvements. I'm probably in the 7-8 range. But I could definitely see why someone would shell out $10K for a point.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:47 PM

I'd spend probably $20K for all 3 points. Being attractive changes the way that every single new person that you deal with interacts with you. Think about it, what are the reasons that you respond the way that you do when meeting new people?

1) Sex
2) Attractiveness
3) Everything else

And the vast majority of your interactions never get past #2. Being +3 attractive would pay for itself VERY quickly, because people's attitudes twords you would change. It's not about getting laid or anything, although that's a good side effect. Surely some smart poker players would be able to figure out ways to take advantage their new attractiveness.

AND all that is from a pure outsider's view as well. If you know you're more attractive, your confidence level rises and that ALSO increases your attractiveness, but on a different level.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

right, but even though your marginal utility of those three notches would be greater than an average dude, in order to be a three or four you either have to be fat/lazy/dirty etc, or you have to be some kind of genetic freak.

if it's the former you can improve yourself to a 5 or 6 essentially for free, if it's the latter you should suck it up and admit you probably shouldn't reproduce. or just nail a chick as ugly as you.

it takes a lot for a dude to be a 3, when you consider how much grooming / fitness / style matter to women. i can't think of any guy i've ever met who is well-groomed, in shape and not dressed hilariously bad, and yet still less than a 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. You have to be pretty ugly to be less than average looking with a good body, hygeine, and style. I guess things like baldness could be trouble if you can't pull off a shaved head look well.