Old 10-03-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Street by street vs TerrorOfSweden, EPT Barcelona (Hand w/ masters

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
yea, AJ isnt even a made hand! not even sure why you raised to begin with !

[/ QUOTE ]
If I raise UTG and get reraised in early position, then I call tighter than if I raised on the button. AJ is an awful hand to play against a reraise, because if you connect, you have no idea where you are.

I know the guy is a LAG, but let him take a small pot early and look for a better situation to make a stand.

Personally, I wouldn't always raise initially AJs UTG with 100xBB no ante, but Ansky plays differently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betgo, you're pretty much thinking on the 2nd level against people thinking on the fifth level. Do you not think that Ansky understands legitimate raising ranges/calling ranges with legitimate people. He's already given you reads for the situation. Not calling with AJs here would be terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can it be fifth level with ToS seeing Ansky as a taggish satellite qualified player?
Old 10-03-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm actually serious that I don't think we should have raised pre. I think limp is strictly better given ToS at our table. we then get to choose if we want to reraise after TOS's guaranteed raise or call and let him have the lead for the entire hand. Either way it seems much much better then us initially raising

[/ QUOTE ]

I always like your posts.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WTF how does terrorofsweeden know our range? Does he have a soulreader?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really but OP said he views him as tag, so ToS will assume he's on AT+ 88+ and broadway.
Which is true.

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't close to Ansky's range and if this is your range its awful I would much rather call 22 than KTo. I would also rather have 78s than both of those.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:44 PM

mmm i think 22 plays significantly better than 78s here, which plays significantly better than KTo.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:56 PM

If you are ever entertaining folding here opening is all kinds of terrible.
His three bet pretty small and with position he will make it hell for us if we 4bet. Especially since I have no idea what to do to a 5bet.
I call.
Lol @ Anskys range betting AT+ 88+, broawdway
Also saying broadway and AT+ is redundant.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol @ Anskys range betting AT+ 88+

[/ QUOTE ]

Ansky, given your bowels and your previous play, appearance and table demeanour, what range do you image ToS puts you on opening UTG?
Old 10-03-2007, 07:07 PM

Betgo, you say you understand the read, but then you go and say something like this :

[ QUOTE ]
In general, I would almost always fold AJ raised UTG to a 3rd position raise. I am usually not folding AK, AQ, any pp, or suited connector. I know villain is a LAG etc., but I don't think that makes AJs that much easier to play in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a "general situation." Villain is described as "mega euro LAGtard. He is reraising or raising almost every single hand, NEVER folding to reraises once he has entered the pot, and his vpip is prob over 90%. He is completely fearless, and prob doesn't care if he loses in the first hour."

We obviously aren't dealing with a typical lag, so any "general" tendencies are worthless in this situation.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mmm i think 22 plays significantly better than 78s here, which plays significantly better than KTo.

[/ QUOTE ]
You might be right... its close... either way i prob instacall 22 and 78s and I never raise KTo UTG FR and if I did i would def fold now.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:13 PM

ok all you guys what the hell, if we raise here why aren't we 4-betting and calling the 5-bet all in if he's really 3-balling 90+% of hands. I don't like this as much as limp-calling but once we've gotten to this spot, you absolutely HAVE to punish his insanely wide 3-betting
Old 10-03-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm actually serious that I don't think we should have raised pre. I think limp is strictly better given ToS at our table. we then get to choose if we want to reraise after TOS's guaranteed raise or call and let him have the lead for the entire hand. Either way it seems much much better then us initially raising

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I agree.

As played, calling the 3bet seems best by far. AJs is ahead of his 3bet range, the alternative of 4betting and having to choose between stacking off pre (lol!) or getting into an ugly flop spot oop versus someone who is not entirely pyscho but rather aware-psycho (he knows his image and his read on a random who 4bets from utg will not be favorable to playing AJs in a 4bet pot) kinda sucks.