Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Fox attempts to hack Fark?

This is pretty bizarre.

[ QUOTE ]
[i]Local TV reporters are infamous for practicing "ambush" journalism -- but as they try to take their gotcha practices to the Web, increasingly they're the ones ambushed.....
Phillips, to his right, is the new media manager at WHBQ Fox13, a News Corp.-owned TV station in Memphis, Tenn. And Curtis claims to have assembled all-but-conclusive electronic evidence that Phillips has tried to hack into Fark's servers, potentially breaking several laws....

...Curtis believes that Phillips, or someone working with Phillips, sent him and several other Fark employees deceptive emails in an attempt to get them to download a trojan, a form of computer virus...

In one case, it succeeded, giving a hacker passwords to a file server and one Fark employee's email account..
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://valleywag.com/tech/exclusive/...ing-290286.php

First the wikipedia purges and now this incident. The article goes on and says the IP's match. As for motive who knows.
You know I'm starting to think this News Organization doesn't operate in the most ethical manner.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Fox attempts to hack Fark?

Sorry for the quotes and italics I don't do computers.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:46 PM

A local-TV reporter on a Fox-affiliate is not representative of the "News Organization." The NYT also edited Wiki in an unethical way, as did several other supposedly reputable sources, so I don't think singling out Fox is fair.

Not defending Fox overall, but to use those two examples doesn't really show anything, IMO.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A local-TV reporter on a Fox-affiliate is not representative of the "News Organization." The NYT also edited Wiki in an unethical way, as did several other supposedly reputable sources, so I don't think singling out Fox is fair.

Not defending Fox overall, but to use those two examples doesn't really show anything, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it shows something. It shows that CaptainFreedom believes that freedom is found in agreeing with him.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it shows something. It shows that CaptainFreedom believes that freedom is found in agreeing with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two thumbs way down.