Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Did you see this Bill Kristol column a couple of weeks ago

Are you saying that there has not been another attack because of Bush's vigilance and in spite of liberals' trying to put him in handcuffs?
Old 08-08-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying that there has not been another attack because of Bush's vigilance and in spite of liberals' trying to put him in handcuffs?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I wouldnt give full credit to GWB, just as I wouldn't give full blame to BJC for 9/11. Without the administration's efforts (e.g. continuing to treat terrorism as a criminal problem) there certainly would have been more on our shores, though. I doubt that any of the major plots that have been thwarted would have been under a Janet Reno justice department.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> Maybe he doesnt give Bush full blame because the prior administration had 8 years to prepare for the attack, and Bush's had 8 months working under restrictions that the prior administration put on our own intelligence? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, like the restrictions that led to the FBI being alerted about Arabs who wanted to learn to fly jumbo jets but didn't care about landing them?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, restrictions that might have led to the FBI only being alerted 2 months before the hijackings, and which they had begun to act on. And restrictions that might have expedited the alerting of other relevant agencies and acting upon the information.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:31 AM

Ah more droppings from General William the Bloody. I've never seen a greater coward more willing to put others in harm's way. Oh wait I have I forgot about his father.

As much as Kristol wants people to forget about the bungling of Katrina, the pointless and bloody war in Iraq, and the decrease of stature and influence the US has, history will not.

I can't believe how far the US has fallen in the eyes of the world. Check out this pew research:

"A 47-nation survey finds global public opinion increasingly wary of the world's dominant nations and disapproving of their leaders. Anti-Americanism is extensive, as it has been for the past five years....."

"Global distrust of American leadership is reflected in increasing disapproval of the cornerstones of U.S. foreign policy. Not only is there worldwide support for a withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq, but there also is considerable opposition to U.S. and NATO operations in Afghanistan. Western European publics are at best divided about keeping troops there."

The only person blaming Clinton for Bin Laden has already been proven to be loose with the facts/distortions more than once on these boards. I keep forgetting who was President when the Presidential Daily Briefing with the title " Bin Laden determined to strike in US " was issued on August 6, 2001. Could someone refresh my memory?
Old 08-08-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The only person blaming Clinton for Bin Laden has already been proven to be loose with the facts/distortions more than once on these boards. I keep forgetting who was President when the Presidential Daily Briefing with the title " Bin Laden determined to strike in US " was issued on August 6, 2001. Could someone refresh my memory?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps we would have already had Bin Laden the Clinton admin would have given the word to take him out when we had him in our sites.... But Slick Willie was a "the buck stops down the hall" type of guy as evidenced by how Janet Reno was hung out to dry after Waco.... and nobody wanted the responsability if something went wrong in the attack.

Clinton claims he knew what a bad guy Bin Laden was, yet when offered him by another govt, Billy says no thanks.

Absolutly Billy was a great anti terrorist president... that is if you dont count the 1st WTC bombing, the emabassy bombings in Africa, the Uss Cole bombing.... oh wait, maybe he wasnt all that great.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I meant to post this a while ago. Anyway, this is one of the most delusional pieces of garbage I have ever read. How does anyone take this guy seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the average Lincoln supporter to me.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps we would have already had Bin Laden the Clinton admin would have given the word to take him out when we had him in our sites.... But Slick Willie was a "the buck stops down the hall" type of guy as evidenced by how Janet Reno was hung out to dry after Waco.... and nobody wanted the responsability if something went wrong in the attack.

Clinton claims he knew what a bad guy Bin Laden was, yet when offered him by another govt, Billy says no thanks.

Absolutly Billy was a great anti terrorist president... that is if you dont count the 1st WTC bombing, the emabassy bombings in Africa, the Uss Cole bombing.... oh wait, maybe he wasnt all that great.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still want to know what was in the documents Sandy Berger managed to destroy out of what he stole from the National Archives.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I meant to post this a while ago. Anyway, this is one of the most delusional pieces of garbage I have ever read. How does anyone take this guy seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the average Lincoln supporter to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's gotta be the Non Sequitor of the Week in the Politics forum. Which is really saying something.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link?
Old 08-08-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. just being the usual obstinate snowman? You must have seen/read this 100 times

whats left out is the added fact that by 1995 the Clinton administration knew of OBLs links to the first WTC bombings. The Afghan offer was in 1996.