Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Ask me about IM

[ QUOTE ]
Josh,

I have just got my site up and running and would just like to get a critique from you. The site is www.techspeck.com and I was also wondering if you think this could have potential to make any money whether it be from adsense or other? The other question I have is what other types of options are there for making money online? One thing I have considered doing is going to the e-book route. Is that something you think has more potential to be profitable? Thanks in advance!

[/ QUOTE ]

With your site I wouldn't use adsense. Especially if you start to develop good traffic to your forums. Your best bet imo would be to start building a mailing list for personal development people that are interested in that. Then you can do promotions for products and get a commission. Eventually even developing your own product.

Your site looks nice be sure to give us updates. Congrats on being one of the few to take action.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Josh,

I first want to say thanks for your participation in the boards here. Your input has been very useful, and I've gained some very good insight and added a lot of bookmarks to say the least. (If you have useful post on other forums or have a blog or anything, it'd be great to know where.)

With that said, here's my question. I'm mainly curious about time investment. How much time you invest into your sites? What is the breakdown of how much of that time goes into internet marketing vs. other focal areas? I'm sure this is greatly dependent upon the number of sites you have, how big or small each is, and whether or not any of them earn passive income.

Thanks for sharing your time and knowledge!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the kind words. Currently I speand the majority of my time just reading and writing. I read A LOT whether it be internet marketing materials. Popular blogs, news sites, etc.

The majority of my time is speant researching and developing ideas. After that I would say definetly it is content writing.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a pretty long nice post but asking a pretty simple question. The income is fairly passive. At least the methods i'm using atm. There is always going to be some upkeep necessary. So yeah it's kind of like a job, but your job works while you sleep, and works while you eat. It just works harder when you're at the computer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you find that you were creating passive income streams right from the get go, or did you have to experiment with different approaches in order to optimize the "passivity" (for lack of a better word) of your income streams? I am persuing this line of questioning because I am interesting in getting more involved in IM projects, but it seems a lot of the basic stuff you see (like I mentioned, blogs monetized by adsense, etc) are just a job. I already have a very nice job. I only want to devote a lot of time and energy to IM if I can create actual passive income.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did a little investigative work and I wanted to ask you about this.

1) On your Insomnia website you tell people to click on your Google Ads. That is against TOS. Why are you doing this? http://www.usfreeads.com/657584-cls.html You can find it at the bottom of the page.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually. That's not my site that's usfreeads a site I started using when I first began. If you've watched / read the bum marketing material by Travis Sago he goes pretty indepth how to use usfreeads.

I just recently canceled my subscription to usfreeads as google doesn't seem to be favoring it anymore. It used to be very easy to do some keyword research write an ad focused around those keywords. Beating out 1000-3000 competitiors on google and gettign on the front page within a couple of days. This doesn't seem to be the case any longer.

When i canceled it seems they removed my outgoing links and added adsense in it's place. Where it says to click the link below there was probably just a large text hyperlink which is no longer there.

I'm glad your first post is here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Welcome to the forums cheers!
Old 02-01-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a pretty long nice post but asking a pretty simple question. The income is fairly passive. At least the methods i'm using atm. There is always going to be some upkeep necessary. So yeah it's kind of like a job, but your job works while you sleep, and works while you eat. It just works harder when you're at the computer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you find that you were creating passive income streams right from the get go, or did you have to experiment with different approaches in order to optimize the "passivity" (for lack of a better word) of your income streams? I am persuing this line of questioning because I am interesting in getting more involved in IM projects, but it seems a lot of the basic stuff you see (like I mentioned, blogs monetized by adsense, etc) are just a job. I already have a very nice job. I only want to devote a lot of time and energy to IM if I can create actual passive income.

[/ QUOTE ]

My first successful projects were bum marketing. Do a search on it if you'd like. It's basically just article writing with an affiliate link embedded. With this type of marketing the more articles you write and submit the more sales you're likely to make. So it's passive in a sense but it's best to keep writing as much as possible.

I'm still making the occasional sale from those first few articles.

If you are looking to hit it big in internet marketing I would say the best way to do it is:

1. Build a list
2. Create your own products.

These will take time and upkeep but the rewards are great. There's a fellow who has made over a million dollars (according to heresay) with his sales of hypnosis ebooks, and dating ebooks, and joint ventures with similar product creators.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:45 PM

Josh,

What do you think about using a blog as a form of internet marketing (similar to say www.johnchow.com)? From the way you talk in the forums, it seems like you could share a lot of useful content, plus drive traffic to your existing sites. People would get information they seek, and you would get visitors and earnings that you seek. Plus, AdSense or something similar could always be used on the blog, earning you passive revenue via your post archives as you accumulate content.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Josh,

What do you think about using a blog as a form of internet marketing (similar to say www.johnchow.com)? From the way you talk in the forums, it seems like you could share a lot of useful content, plus drive traffic to your existing sites. People would get information they seek, and you would get visitors and earnings that you seek. Plus, AdSense or something similar could always be used on the blog, earning you passive revenue via your post archives as you accumulate content.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be completely honest I don't feel that I'm yet qualified to really be involed in the "making money on the internet" niche. I'll definetly consider it.

I also haven't decided if marketing my name is something I want to do. Yes writing a blog is definetly something I should probably do. It's definetly on the big list.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:52 PM

Thank you for taking the time to awser everyones questions. You are realy putting in some thought into each response. This is the kind of thing that will make this board great. I am going to have to cook up a few questions for you.

Anyway I just wanted to say that I appreciate what you are doing.

Cheers
Old 02-01-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for taking the time to awser everyones questions. You are realy putting in some thought into each response. This is the kind of thing that will make this board great. I am going to have to cook up a few questions for you.

Anyway I just wanted to say that I appreciate what you are doing.

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. I've also been meaning to respond to Josh's other post about product creation, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment. Hopefully someone else can get the ball rolling there.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:04 PM

Thanks again Josh for the time and effort. I had one question I forgot to ask last time. What are your experiences with joint ventures? Would you consider doing a joint venture again or at this point?