Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 08:50 PM

Default AK v. Min Raise

Btn is unknown.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $102.05
BB: $133.55
UTG: $15.50
CO: $126.90
BTN: $65.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, BTN calls $1.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.00</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $4.00

Flop: ($11) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $8.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $16.00</font>, [i]

Call and get it in on a blank turn?
Old 08-23-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Re: AK v. Min Raise

Given he's only got 65, I would just move in now. He might feel priced in and call, or he might just let a random flush go (which is fine). If you just call and open push a blank turn, I think he'll fold a draw often.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:18 PM

He will never fold a flush.

Villain is +EV to call a flop push at this point if he is on a flush draw.

I haven't run the #'s, but I think at this point calling and pushing a blank turn (with him folding to the push) is more +EV than getting it in here.

I think the best play here is to call flop and get it in on a blank turn. If the turn comes a heart, then it comes down to a read whether he is drawing.

If he were a little deeper, we could push flop and make this a tougher decision for him.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:21 PM

That's fine if we're guaranteed villain will call it off on a blank turn. The thing is he'll fold to a huge turn bet unimproved with only one card to come a lot of the time.

Just because it's +EV for him to call doesn't mean it's not +EV for us, too.

If the turn blanks and he folds to a push, we just let him save his stack. If the turn flushes and we fold, we just let him draw out on us for free.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's fine if we're guaranteed villain will call it off on a blank turn. The thing is he'll fold to a huge turn bet unimproved with only one card to come a lot of the time.

Just because it's +EV for him to call doesn't mean it's not +EV for us, too.

If the turn blanks and he folds to a push, we just let him save his stack. If the turn flushes and we fold, we just let him draw out on us for free.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure the extra EV made getting it in now would be worth the variance. Me no like variance.