Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: $60k-$80k
0-20% 2 11.11%
20-40% 7 38.89%
40-60% 8 44.44%
60-80% 0 0%
80-100% 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/21) (spoilers to come) *DELETED*

For years now we have been subjected to the 2+2 fanboys being critical of anything and everything ME winners (except Raymer) and anyone who has been on TV except when one of their own makes an appearance. Then the manlove takes over and these guys sound like they are defending their girlfriends.

Adams played fine. From the hands they showed on TV he tried several times to get involved but was pushed out. Having Sammy on your left sucks if you push early with mediocre cards.

Galfond was out of his league. The table all but said that to him after having to watch him fold time and time again. Hell, even Mr. "I want to be known as the world's best bluffer" got away with a couple bluffs and Jennifer Harman, who is about as nitty in this group as anyone else, mixed it up to win a couple pots.

I'm sure he is a nice guy and I'm sure he crushes the Internet but he was simply out of his depth at that table. It's happened to several others. But arguing that point on this site is pointless since it only riles up the partisan fanboys.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all the jman haters, please describe a hand you think he misplayed. thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

As to your question ,the QQ hand where he check/called PF I believe?
Checked the Kdxdxd board.

Folded to Sammy F. $1600 BET on a Tc turn?

Could he have played that hand anymore passively than that line?

Check folding the turn for $1600 is a disgrace,without a fight IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

samy didnt bet 1600usd...he bet 16000usd. thats a difference.

besides that...i dont think anyone can play in a way that all people here are happy with..if someone plays loose and gambles, hes called a donk like samy and eli, if someone bluffs much he is called a live one like gold, if someone is playing tight it must be a nit like harmann or laak...personally i like the show and everybody in it.
people play their style, styles differs.
the question if it's good or bad tv got no importance for me also, because the play in hsp shows the reality and not what people should do. i mean, will you ever play at a table where everybody is always making the perfect move they should/could do? i guess not.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:02 PM

You Jman haters are idiots.

IIRC he said he only got to play for 2 hours. With all the hollywooding that goes on, I would be surprised if he got dealt more than 30 or 40 hands in that time.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:41 PM

It's funny to me that not being an idiot and playing good poker means being out of someone's league. Jman is the best player at that table hands down, and no one else is even close.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:46 PM

It seems some people are too immature to watch poker on tv
Old 10-23-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Galfond was out of his league.

[/ QUOTE ]
What does this even mean?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brandon Adams was also was ABUSED last night but, he at least tried to mix it up ,opening some funky hands,but was constantly re-raised bigtime by SF, folding every time except his KK hand to the other nit J.Harman

I mean he never played back at him ONCE!

Whatever the reason was ,dont use the "they only show so many hands" excuse.There was probably 8-10 hrs of realtime play the last two episodes.

Your telling me couldnt make any moves/pick any good spots, over that period of time,with a hand worthy of making the TV cut?

How can one play at the highest nose-bleed stakes online,and fold hand after hand after hand,where even Gabe Kaplan was punishing him as well,after each fold

Pleeeeeeze....IMO he was either financially/emotionally over his head,or he just plain choked!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at this post. You raise 89, Sammy makes it 20K, what are you suppose to do? Make it 80K? You cant play back at someone that will call so wide. You just have to wait.

But then again, Im talking to someone that plays any ace for any amount.

I doubt Brandon was in over his head. If so he got over the fear pretty quickly considering he was playing Sammy and a couple of others 1/2/4 Uncapped NL in Bobby's Room and doing well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you are reffering to me playing any Ace,but either way I could care less what you think...and if I was getting run over the way they were getting embarassed...I would have stuffed my whole stack $100k(is that what he started with anyway?) in the middle with literally ATC after being raised/re-raised so often at some point

It seems now that Jman was "trying" to make his BR last untill day 2,so he bought in light?...lol...what a [censored] joke.Thats what I call scared money my friends

Aint NO WAY ,I am getting run over by Eli,Sammy,or whoever...and am I certainly not going to embarass myself folding hand after hand after hand,and listen to that crap after everyone fianlly see's the show that was SOOO highly anticipated

With their images alone they had built up...the whole table folds everything except AA or KK,so there HAD to be spots to pick up some $$$ over those 6-8 hrs of hands to adjust accordingly

I mean please ,at some time you gotta just take stand

And you say.."but Jman said he won $20K"...is a joke and embarrasing that he would even admit based on those stakes in a game like this.If you consider +$20k being a victory,then you have NO idea about LIVE HS DEEPSTACK poker.

These internet guys are used to playing with only 100BB at nose-bleed levels,are re-loading many times,some of their hero plays become standard...but playing that DEEP is totally diff animal, against FEARELESS individuals.

Whether they(Sammy,Eli,etc) are "good or not or totally SUCK as most say" is a totally irrelevent,as they have been around for years with alot of money,and seem to get the best of EVERY newcomer that sits down.

Again enough of the cheerleading guys...your hero's were a BUST,and played like pansies way over their heads!

Go back to to the internet!

**** and BTW I have played with Brandon at Foxwoods,and he is a Great LIVE player,def. better than he appeared on TV.Last weeks episode he was abit more timid...this week he seemed to "try" and mix it up,but just never played back at Sammy to get anything going,Whether he was playing scared or not the last two episodes I have no idea...I do know he has played in some BIG games in the past without fear IMO
Old 10-23-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but just never played back at Sammy to get anything going,Whether he was playing scared or not the last two episodes I have no idea...I do know he has played in some BIG games in the past without fear IMO

[/ QUOTE ] playing back at sammy or anyone with Q9s or 87 off is not playing scared. He tried to loosen it up a bit but it obviously is hard when sammy, gold, and eli are at the table. With those players + being card dead its definitely a good strategy to tighten up.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:33 PM

^^ is a laughing stock at MSNL/HSNL forums and shouldnt be taken seriously

edit: stephen feraca i mean
Old 10-23-2007, 06:00 PM

this episode was full of a bunch of tools