Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Scariest Games Ever

[ QUOTE ]
I can't remember the name of the game. It was on the Sega CD. You were trapped in this haunted mansion trying to get out. You could pick up, interact and use stuff. Alot of great scary moments in that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maniac Mansion?

Nevermind, not that one...I do remember the game you're talking about though
Old 04-20-2007, 02:38 AM

Haha, Maniac Mansion for NES was awesome, not scary!

Gotta say Silent Hill 2 was the only game that made me throw my controller straight up while screaming.

It really blew too because I hadn't saved for an hour or two, and I just watched my character die, too terrified to pick the controller back up or do anything.

Also, whoever mentioned X-COM, you are right. Playing that game late at night, when you only catch a glimpse of the aliens during their turn. Wow, just thinking about that makes me shiver. Then one of your men gets shanked by a harpoon gun... nooo not Steve Jenkins! (or some other generic name).
Old 04-20-2007, 01:38 PM

I agree with the XCom and Half-Life nominations. In XCom, you're carefully leading your team through an alien base or terror site at night and all of a sudden a plasma blast comes from nowhere and takes out your best guy. It was really impressive how much tension they could build into a turn based game.

As for HL, I'm sure I'm not the only guy who was given nightmares of those infernal head crabs jumping out at you, or who still remembers that feeling of dread when you first step into the big, quiet warehouse where the assassins start killing you in short order.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:17 PM

Half-Life rarely scared me, but rather I thought it was very suspenseful.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That first Star Wars game for N64 has scary parts. Like when you were walking along a cliff, and suddenly the Abominable Snowman slowly walks out of a cave and starts walking towards you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of Star Wars, I was really freaked out the first time I played the very first Star Wars FPS game, Dark Troopers. I remember the first time you encounter them a skeletal terminator looking thing with a big sword comes running up to impale you...that really made me jump out of my seat. In terms of modern games I was definitely doing my share of jumping during my first run through Doom 3.

Swede
Old 05-21-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't remember the name of the game. It was on the Sega CD. You were trapped in this haunted mansion trying to get out. You could pick up, interact and use stuff. Alot of great scary moments in that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Night Trap!

"Megan is dead! You could've saved her. I put these lives of these girls in your hands and you blew it. YOU SCREWED UP!!!!"
Old 05-21-2007, 05:09 AM

PS1 game called clocktower. The actual gameplay was terrible, but the scenery was very freaky. Nothing beats silent hill. I'm a grown man that doesn't get scared at movies or in scary real life situations, but silent hill 4: the room's first 20 minutes seriously disturbed me.