Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: I feel so dirty...

No hate here, stories like that are why non-poker people think poker players are dirty cheating scumbags. Not saying we should all be "angels" just that we should have some standards and ethics. Your reply post seems to be more sincere and more apologetic than your first, I hope you really are a good guy and that this was a fluke.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... I can understand that 95% of you hate me, but you don't even know me. You've only read about my most sinister moment in poker. I guess I can't expect anything less than pure spite from the folks on 2p2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't hate you. I respect that you are owning up to your mistake and wanted some feedback. I think the immediate dose of Karma that you think you got is more related to your conscience and how you played after the incident. I'm sure your concentration was poor and you weren't giving 100% attention to your game.

Drinking is a huge detriment to most people's games. If you are serious about poker, don't do it. If you like the idea of free drinks, then grab a couple at the end of your session - as long as you are not driving anywhere...
Old 10-04-2007, 02:54 AM

So, if you would have won the hand with QQ, it would be different? Karma would have told you it is Okay to be a POS? If this post is even true, I would guess you don't play many home games.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:47 AM

I didn't post this because the QQ hand was results oriented. Essentially, I didn't really show much remorse in my first post, and for that I am sorry for not better canvassing my guilt. I played really poorly after the hand because I felt so bad. And by the way, I play a weekly home game and we're all there to be competitive and have fun.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't post this because the QQ hand was results oriented. Essentially, I didn't really show much remorse in my first post, and for that I am sorry for not better canvassing my guilt. I played really poorly after the hand because I felt so bad. And by the way, I play a weekly home game and we're all there to be competitive and have fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

People do what it takes to win, if you don't do what it takes than you lose. It just takes different things for different people. I don't understand why people think that poker is a game played for honor and truth. It is a game that is specifically built upon lying and stealing (bluffing) to make money.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:39 PM

I don't hate or like this, I'm neutral. The relevant point is that if you take betting lines against bottom pair that require actions like this to win, you have considerably bigger problems in Hold em then what 2p2 thinks of your table etiquette.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why people think that poker is a game played for honor and truth. It is a game that is specifically built upon lying and stealing (bluffing) to make money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another one of you guys. So if there's an old man next to you who won't notice you grabbing a few of his chips, do you go ahead and (literally) steal them?
Old 10-04-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why people think that poker is a game played for honor and truth. It is a game that is specifically built upon lying and stealing (bluffing) to make money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another one of you guys. So if there's an old man next to you who won't notice you grabbing a few of his chips, do you go ahead and (literally) steal them?

[/ QUOTE ]

much different than angleshooting duh
Old 10-04-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

much different than angleshooting duh

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You must get easily confused. A fake check to induce action isn't bluffing, misrepresenting your hand, or "stealing" the blinds. It is just plain old cheating, like marking cards, collusion, or pulling an Ace out of your sleeve. Duh.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:29 PM

The Mets and Fins fan is having a tough Fall. Duh.