Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 03:12 PM

Default My Poor Tendons?

I got back from university last week and have made it my goal to get back to the gym a lot after not doing much at all during second semester.

After a workout of triceps/shoulders/forearms on a Tuesday, I felt alright. Sore, but alright... what I expected. Was able to fit in a session on the following Friday after work where I worked chest and biceps. The next morning, I woke up and I could barely extend my arms beyond 90 degrees without having to struggle against an elastic-band type feeling halfway through my bicep, through my elbow and down my forearm. I figured these were my tendons being stretched, and that during my workout I had just overdid it a bit for my first workout in a while.

The thing is, I did this same routine back in February once (where the previous time before working out had been late December), and the exact same thing happened.

It's 5 days later now and they're just about getting over it. Is this common, or could this be serious? Never happened before these two times.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: My Poor Tendons?

What did the workouts consist of? Did you stretch at all before/after? Also, twice in week and a half with no legs. wtf?
Old 05-15-2007, 03:19 PM

That happens. They just get strained. In my experience, that'll take care fo itself in a few days. It may happen a few times until your body gets conditioned to what you're doing.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:05 PM

That's generally what I figured.

SmileyEH, I always stretch out and run/bike a bit before I work out. My upperbody workouts consist almost entirely of freeweight exercises, no machines. That Friday would have usually been a squat day but I just wasn't feeling up to it.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's generally what I figured.

SmileyEH, I always stretch out and run/bike a bit before I work out. My upperbody workouts consist almost entirely of freeweight exercises, no machines. That Friday would have usually been a squat day but I just wasn't feeling up to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, what sort of freeweight exercises. A lot of guys go in and do about 300 each of hammer curls, concentration curls, preacher curls, tricep extensions, wrist curls, french press etc. etc. Thats going to be no fun for out of shape tendons.