Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Flop TP + Gut Str8 Flush Draw

Live 2/5 NL 10 players. Hero $7xx is on the button J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. 3 limpers to player in late position, who is a real tight waud. Villian raise to $35. Hero calls along with the 3 limpers.

Flop
7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked around to Villian who bets $65. Hero calls on the button. Early position limper goes All-In $260ish. Both limpers Fold, Fold. Villian tanks for a bit and calls, which leaves him around 400ish behind.

5xx in pot, Hero has 6xx behind.
Hero???
Old 02-27-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Flop TP + Gut Str8 Flush Draw

All in, rep that set. Well you'd really be repping a draw but the guy that gcalled probably has a draw so put him to the test for all of his monies ASAp
Old 02-27-2007, 06:36 PM

id prolly raise the flop which would make this a lot easier. i think you can call here because villian will prolly check turn unless it really improves his hand. i cant see u having any fold equity. tough spot but id just call and hope villian checks the turn and you can see a free river.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id prolly raise the flop which would make this a lot easier. i think you can call here because villian will prolly check turn unless it really improves his hand. i cant see u having any fold equity. tough spot but id just call and hope villian checks the turn and you can see a free river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point of view by just calling. I think I missed that thought during the process. Gives me something to think about on the next one. Thanks.

In situations like this, I'm usually gonna move All-In. You guys see anything wrong with this action?

If you guys figure Villian to have an over pair, do you think he can call?
Old 02-28-2007, 06:18 PM

Wow you have the nuts on the flop. I would raise the flop and never stop putting money in.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:21 PM

obviously you shove

you shove mostly because you can't fold the turn, when he shoves, so you might as well take a chance at getting some FE

it's not like you're gonna get paid in a dry sidepot when you hit, there a ton of dead money in there, and he might be drawing better than you

i'd raise the flop too, since your outs are all obvious
Old 02-28-2007, 06:23 PM

It really depends on your read of the villian. If he seems like a good player, he should be able to throw away his over pair on this flop with two other people all-in. However, this is one of those situations where I think you are much better off playing against 1 player than two. So, if you think you have fold equity - push... Otherwise, you might just wana call. I would say villian tanking might suggest he is reluctant to call (this suggests there might be some fold equity).
Old 02-28-2007, 06:31 PM

Villian is a rook. He tends to get married to over pairs, and does'nt properly play his monsters. That's his problem. Which becomes my problem.