Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Turn and river decisions: opinions?

Weekly 2/5 PLO8. Normal lineup of mostly bad players, maybe 2 semi-tough opponents. All players in hand have roughly $700.
I limp in EP with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Two more calls, before SB makes it $15. SB is semi-tough. He makes a lot of these $15/20 preflop raises, hoping to get some money in the pot for a big payoff. This raise doesn't necessarily mean he has a premium hand. BB calls, I call and LP calls.

Flop is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB bets $25, BB calls. I decided to call and probably have to make a tougher decision on the turn. LP also calls.

TUrn is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB bets $100, and BB calls. I think small blind most likely has a good hand, certainly one way if not two way, but not nut low or nut straight. I consider raising another $200 here, but the made low and flush draws concern me, since my low may not be good here, and my straight is vulnerable. I call, as does LP.

River is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB bets $150. BB hesitantly calls. I was hoping for a fold from BB so I could make a little raise and maybe get rid of LP if he's also holding A3. However with his call, knowing I'm facing at least 2 opponents while I hold 2nd nuts both ways, I call.

Is the turn and river play too tight or too loose? On both streets, I wanted to pull the trigger, but didn't do it.