LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (CO): $1032.05
BTN: $600
SB: $232.1
BB: $1393
UTG: $951.90
MP: $1221

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($9, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $24</font>, BTN calls $24, SB folds, BB calls $18

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($75, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $60</font>, BTN calls $60, BB calls $60

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($255, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $171</font>, BTN calls $171, BB folds

<font color="black">River:</font> 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($597, 2 players)

button in this hand is Tao Jones. for those who don't know him, he's a very solid tag. against most tag villian's this is a value push for me, but he and I don't seem to get too out of line against each other. his smooth calls w/ BB still in the hand scare me a little bit too, thoughts?
Old 01-05-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: tptk vs 2+2\'er

there is a good chance the BB c/c flop with a K and folded on the turn, which means you are rarely up against AK/KQ here.

smooth calling two streets on a dry board in a 3-way raised pot is an incredibly strong line. i c/f river.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:34 PM

I agree that this looks very much like 55 or 77, but I am not too sure you can fold here. He will only have 300 left to bet into a 600 pot. Do you think you win less often than 1/4 of the time?
Old 01-05-2007, 04:46 PM

I think you should check the turn, maybe call once if the button bets. I would not call twice.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should check the turn, maybe call once if the button bets. I would not call twice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely check the turn here simply b/c my image is so aggro postflop, that I can typically bet all 3 streets for value here and expect to be called by virtually any A, which is what I was trying to do vs the BB. Tao Jones is one of the only opponents that I wouldn't fire 3 streets for value against, but he could have easily been floating the flop w/ a sc that hit a pair, and I didn't want to give him a free card, AND, if he folds and BB calls I push the river for value also. That was what I was thinking as far as why I bet the turn. bad reasoning?

also, what do we do if he checks behind on the turn and then bb checks? do we bet fold?
Old 01-05-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely check the turn here simply b/c my image is so aggro postflop, that I can typically bet all 3 streets for value here and expect to be called by virtually any A, which is what I was trying to do vs the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is the case then pot the flop and the turn so that we aren't deep enough on the river to ever consider folding.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:10 PM

Well not knowning what's going to happen on later streets, what would be reasoning for making a potsized bet on this dry flop?