5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 3 6.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: OT: High Stakes Fantasy Basketball -- Any Interest?

Yeah I agree I like more bench spots. 5 bench spots sounds real good.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:50 AM
 is offline

Signed up
KramerTM (Team Name - KramerTM)
morello (Team Name - morello)
XXsooted (Team Name - XXsooted)
pokeriseasy (Team Name - Who's coming in 2nd?)
DAT MOOSE (Team Name - joey corkins)
McShove (Team Name - SNGIcons)
odawg09090 (Team Name - odawg09090)
EPiPeN11 (Team Name - EPiPeN11)
lapoker17 (Team Name - lol)
RUFFNECK (Team Name - World B. Free)
T_Mac (Team Name - Ka-BOSH)
AAismyfriend (Team Name - SUCKS FOR YOU NERD!!)

Paid
KramerTM
XXsooted
pokeriseasy
morello
McShove
odawg09090
EPiPeN11
lapoker17
T_Mac
AAismyfriend
RUFFNECK

Still need money from DAT MOOSE
Old 10-20-2007, 04:57 PM

any spots open?

roto is a good idea, minimizes variance. there should be two centers, bigger bench is always fun. 82 games per position obv.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:31 PM

since it looks like there's still a few things we haven't officially decided on, let's just all vote on them here. let's say all the votes have to be in by friday so kramer has time to make the changes. for ppl who've already stated their preferences, can you just do it again? this looks like the only way we're gonna come to any decisions.

roto/H2H: i'm voting for roto. the main reason being that in H2H leagues during the playoffs and championship week of the fantasy season, a lot of teams are resting their stars for the real playoffs.

TO's/no TO's: i'd rather have no turnovers since all the good, productive players usually have a lot of turnovers and i don't want to have to draft players who don't do anything in real life like shane battier.

2 centers/1 center: like i said before, this isn't really a big deal and i'm fine with whatever. 2 centers is what i've played before, 1 center could make things interesting. but for the sake of getting things moving along, if i had to vote i'll vote for the standard 2 centers.

bench spots: i don't mind having more bench spots since they don't have IL or IR anymore. i'll say 4 is good. too many allows ppl to just stash away a bunch of players.

if i'm forgetting anything, just add it on.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:46 PM

roto/H2H: Like i've said many times, i'm quitting if it's not roto. Head to head is dumb.

TO's/no TO's: No turnovers but I don't mind if there are turnovers

2 centers/1 center: 2 centers, people are idiots if they can't find 2 decent/good centers

bench spots: At least 4, preferably 5-6 bench spots.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:14 PM

roto/H2H: roto but don't really care either way. Obviously H2H is alot more luck but I don't really see luck being involved with gambling as a bad thing. One thing we could consider if we do H2H is paying out for first in the regular season, and then a separate payout for first and second in the playoffs.

TO's: no to's but don't mind to's

centers: 2 centers because there are already 8/10 possible spots for non-centers, no need to make it 9/10. 3 utility spots make position consideration almost meaningless.

bench spots: With 12 teams 3 bench spots work pretty well. Adding more bench spots makes the free agent wire really weak and it'll be tougher for teams with bad (or unlucky) drafts to improve through the free agent wire.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:31 PM
 is offline

Guys, we're not gonna get consensus on every single point here. I think the league is setup to appease most of the requests right now.

1) Roto - most people felt strongly about this and even though I'm personally in favor of H2H, I'll oblige

2) Include TOs - the league seems split on this, so we'll go with the default of including TOs, which I agree with

3) 2 Centers - I agree that everyone should be able to find 2 decent centers... anyway, the league is split, so we'll go with the default

4) 3 Bench Spots - I'm keeping it at 3, because 12 teams and 3 bench spots is still pretty deep. Not to mention, the more bench spots, the less useful the waiver wire is

On a side note... T_mac has a conflict with the 4:45 draft time as he has to be somewhere at 5:45. If I made the draft at 2:45, would people be OK with that? Let me know if I can make the change...
Old 10-23-2007, 05:50 PM
 is offline

Worst case scenario, if we lose T_Mac because of the draft time conflict, does anyone know of a replacement? I'm pretty sure there were others in the thread who didn't make it into the league in time. Omniheart comes to mind.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:18 PM

I completely disagree with having TO's. If Nash has the ball in his hands for 25 minutes of the game and turns the ball over 4 times that's roughly an average of 8 TO's per 48, and not to mention he runs the whole offense and dishes out a sick amount of assists. Nash is the most efficient ball handler/passer and he'd hurt your team the most in the TO area, just doesn't make sense to have that rule because it cannot in itself be positive or negative unless taken into consideration with other statistics which by itself it cannot. Therefore, it does a really [censored] job of judging whether a player is recklessly turning the ball over, in fact usually the most efficient players will lead their teams in TO's because they have the ball in their hands and have to do so much so often. all it does is punish them for being productive.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:29 PM
 is offline

You can't just categorically disagree that it's part of a measure of a player's efficiency. I mean, they have the stat assist/TO ratio for a reason.

edit: And doesn't your argument also argue to simply have the league use 48 minute projections of every stat? The same way that Nash is penalized for getting so many touches, I think Jordan Farmar is penalized for not. It's part of the game, it's detrimental to winning, and it's correlated with touches. Not sure why this makes it a bad stat to include.