Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 11:07 AM

Default another Schneids question

In the video he mentioned that he raises sixes under the gun but foldes fours under the gun. This statement got me thinking, they are basically the same hand so why raise one and not the other. I usually open raise all pairs 6 handed but this has me rethinking this line as they typically are hard to play. Just curious how most play the baby pairs in early position?
Old 10-04-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Re: another Schneids question

66>44
66 flops more overpairs/2nd pairs/etc... plays better vs hands that defend from blinds...gets counterfeited less.

there are a bunch of reasons why 66>44.
Now in todays online games where you get 3 bet by JTs and they fire 3 barrels it becomes very difficult to play 22-55 OOP. My UTG range is similar to Schneids.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:28 PM

I just blindly follow stoxtrader's suggested ranges for every pos. He suggests 55 utg and 33 hj fwiw
Old 10-04-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just blindly follow stoxtrader's suggested ranges for every pos. He suggests 55 utg and 33 hj fwiw

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is strange that he suggests 33 in the hj when it loses money at that position, and he loses money with it.

Start with 33 on the button and increase pair value by one for each place you move away from the button. This would make the minimum 66 for UTG in a six max.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is strange that he suggests 33 in the hj when it loses money at that position, and he loses money with it.

Start with 33 on the button and increase pair value by one for each place you move away from the button. This would make the minimum 66 for UTG in a six max.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you know what hands I win/lose with? are you assuming the stats in WITHG are mine?

33 certainly close - its a tweener for sure, and with 3 solid players left to act I think a fold is fine, or a fold is fine anyways, 44 I def. like as an open raise in the HJ.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:53 PM

Why are we even discussing preflop in mid-high? Very simple street to play.

OP : I have your ATSB as 33%... but you raise 22 UTG? Maybe time to re-read SSH.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:00 PM

Umm.. I actually did think the stats were yours. In fact I assumed most of the book was based around your play.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you know what hands I win/lose with? are you assuming the stats in WITHG are mine?

33 certainly close - its a tweener for sure, and with 3 solid players left to act I think a fold is fine, or a fold is fine anyways, 44 I def. like as an open raise in the HJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-04-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I did assume the stats in the book were yours. I apologize if my assumption was incorrect.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:41 AM

i thought the high limits were stox and mid limits were zobags.

this is not true?
Old 10-05-2007, 11:54 AM

I may be wrong but I think in the book thread he said none of the stats were his??