Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 12-01-2007, 10:10 PM

Default Re: 6max 3betting question.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't see how 98o and 35o are any different in this spot. They completely suck and you aren't three betting for value, you are just stealing with a squeeze. So, IMO, its pretty ridiculous to assign some arbitrary squeeze percentage differentiations for 35o as opposed to 98o.

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes they call and we have to see a flop. don't you think 98o is better to see a flop with than 35o?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yes I suppose that 98 might be a bit better than 35, but my point is that you need to realize that when you 3bet and you get called - his range is going to be such that it wont be very easy a lot of the times to continue profitably in the hand with 98 nor 35.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:16 PM

Mostly depends on the history. If I am raising with junk or suited connectors having a lot of FE is good. Is the player always calls 3bs or 4bs light then I might just call or fold depending.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call sometimes, raise others. Totally depends on recent history, the ranges of the two players in question, and how they react to squeezes from you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-01-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't see how 98o and 35o are any different in this spot. They completely suck and you aren't three betting for value, you are just stealing with a squeeze. So, IMO, its pretty ridiculous to assign some arbitrary squeeze percentage differentiations for 35o as opposed to 98o. You are looking for a fold and thats the only issue. Don't kid yourself that 98o is far better than 35o in this spot. In any event, many MSNL players, (maybe you're included IDK, not trying to be insulting) don't really understand why we three bet and which opponents to 3bet. They just start 3 betting every villain with any decent A, like AJ, etc in position against them or out of the blinds. Thats just spewing chips. And, I'm not even saying this particular hand necessarily a bad spot to 3bet, but just that the nature of your question seems to indicate that you might not really understand when/why to 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

plz explain
Old 12-01-2007, 11:31 PM

raise about 100%.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't see how 98o and 35o are any different in this spot. They completely suck and you aren't three betting for value, you are just stealing with a squeeze. So, IMO, its pretty ridiculous to assign some arbitrary squeeze percentage differentiations for 35o as opposed to 98o. You are looking for a fold and thats the only issue. Don't kid yourself that 98o is far better than 35o in this spot. In any event, many MSNL players, (maybe you're included IDK, not trying to be insulting) don't really understand why we three bet and which opponents to 3bet. They just start 3 betting every villain with any decent A, like AJ, etc in position against them or out of the blinds. Thats just spewing chips. And, I'm not even saying this particular hand necessarily a bad spot to 3bet, but just that the nature of your question seems to indicate that you might not really understand when/why to 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

plz explain

[/ QUOTE ]

I can elaborate more on this later, but my basic point is that too many MSNL players just 3bet without really having a view for what it is they are trying to accomplish. You have to know who your opponents are, when your 3bet is for value against their range, etc. You cannot just blindly 3bet. For example, and this is probably fairly obvious, but important nonetheless, an opponent that has been opening a lot and calling your 3bets very lightly and does not know how to play in RRed pots OOP (or even possibly in position) against you- he is probably the guy to 3bet over and over and over again, because if you can exploit his weaknesses in those pots post flop then you are setting yourself up for a very profitable situation. But to just squeeze randomly against some reg-tags - meh; you'll take it down pre a lot - fine. But the squeezes with 98o and 35o aren't really the hands to be putting a lot of thought into. You aren't setting up profitable situations post flop (usually) and to just 3bet an opponent (or 2) arbitrarily preflop is just not part of a winning strategy. I could probably be clearer. Lemme know what needs clarification.