Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 12:07 PM

Default HU LimiT help please ( I suck large)

hello, I recently started playing HU limit cash ( 2-4) and I really like it, but Im not very good at it,or so my results dictate. I posted this in the HU forum, but it hasnt been touched to much, and I realized this is more of a limit issue than a HU 1.

I have a few quetions on how to fix up my game ( I searched this, but got mostly HU NL rather than limit)

#1) PF rasing and limping range, I generally dont like to raise 8-5o and J-7 and all these 2-3 gappers. what about hands like K-2 Q-3? whats hands do you limp- and call a raise? what hands do u limp-fold ( or do ever limp fold in HU limit)

#2) calling a 3bet range, are u insta-priced in to call a 3 bet preflop, considering you have postion even with a random hand 5-9s or Q-6o?

#3) many of my oppenants are raising EVERY hand against me straight out the gate, w/out knowing how I play at all, I played 277 hands with an oppenant who raised 275 of those hands,and insta called all my 3 bets? how do I play oppenants like them?

#4) is semi-bluffing as usefull a concept as it is in HU NL? I find open betting a flush draw works sometimes, but I never get anyone to fold to a 3bet when I flop a nutflush draw.

#5) How much do I buy in for ? at 2-4 Im buying in for 50 at the moment, I find this to be okay in the sence that Im not in reload mode after 1 pot against me, and its not like Im gunna get stacked in 1 -2 hands with 50 either, is 50 enough ?

#6) flow of the game in almost all my matches I bust for my 50$ one or twice only to come back and win it all back and then some. OR Ill bust my oppenant for 40-50 twice only to loose it all back and then some. and this momentum is hard to brake, one I start getting grinded down, I inevetibly go broke, and when I start I comeback, I get it all back ? are the momentum swings the norm in Limit ?

I know HU is player dependant I jsut want some generall guidlines to go by as a template. ANY IMPUT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED
Old 11-09-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: HU LimiT help please ( I suck large)

Easy answer...dont play heads up limit at 2/4...only winner is the rake...play short handed until you can get up to 5/10 or 10/20 and then go to heads up.