Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: kenny tran

[ QUOTE ]
the jack high call to me would have been way more impressive if like four hands later he hadn't made an absolutely terrible call on the river against filipi.

[/ QUOTE ]
that's some 2nd level results-oriented thinking.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that jack hi call was the most sick/best poker play ever shown on television. alas, its pretty close to doyle brunson snap-calling 25k on the river vs jamie gold with ace hi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really sick sick because if he obviously put him on 6-7 then of course he is calling... not hard to put your opp on busted str8 and flushes in a limit holdem ... the price is just way 2 good to call... so id say it was a good read of his exact hand more than a "sick call"
Old 11-01-2007, 04:42 PM

Ya, I loved when he took a couple minutes to think about it when there were 16 left in WSOPME and Jon Kalmar pushes into flush draw hit for like 4.5 million into 3.5 million or so, and Kenny talks himself into calling TPNK or so, and when he calls states loudly "I CALL YOU!" and points triumphantly towards Kalmar, who tables the nuts.

Obv, he's a fantastic player, but yeah, call enough, some of them will be brilliant. As was said of Stuey, he made a lotta sick calls, but not many sick folds.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
psh he is so [censored] arrogant, he dubbed himself "sick call kenny" and the jack high call to me would have been way more impressive if like four hands later he hadn't made an absolutely terrible call on the river against filipi. seems to me that more and more he's calling on the river w/ VV marginal (lol can i even call them marginal) hands in hopes that the other guy is just screwing around w nothing. and then he can gloat about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He nicknamed himself, more than anything else i have a problem with this. You do not give yourself a nickname, your nickname is given to you by fellow peers and friends. There was a friend of mine in college who was mad cause he didn't have a nickname, so much that he decided that his nickname would be ace, We nicely informed him that he could nickname himself and that we would promptly give him one. So after a short deliberation We called him ButtDick and for the past 6 years Buttdick has been his nickname. I say sick call kenny is no more and we should nickname him ourselves
Old 11-01-2007, 05:16 PM

Funniest post I've read in a while. From "Ace" to "ButtDick". LOL gold Jerry gold!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:33 PM

ok i'll roll with it, Jman's new nick - OMGifoldedthewinner
Old 11-01-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm just saying i think ppl have taken notice of some of those calls he's made in the past... and i think he's constantly tryin to live up to that rep and it's affecting his game slightly

[/ QUOTE ]
This $50k HORSE event was filmed way before the WSOP ME was televised, so which reputation is he trying to suddenly live up to? I've never seen him on TV before the ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen him in person (at Commerce) and he is as good and as arrogant as advertised. He was on 4 or 5 episodes of "UPC: Cash Poker" and there's one hand in particular where he pushes with no hand, no draw against KK and forces his opponent to fold, followed by him performing some sort of congratulatory Kirk Gibson-esque gloating dance that was both earned by him as well as being very douchey.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:18 PM

Ship it holla killa, then, that he gets knocked out of the ME with a pathetic payoff. Or, maybe he's not as up on hipster slang as I obviously am, and thinks "sick call" means a call that makes you sick.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:30 PM

details on the jack high hand pls.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
details on the jack high hand pls.

[/ QUOTE ]

minbet holdem, kenny missed Jhigh flushed draw and put guy on a missed straight draw getting like 36-1 and was right.