Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 10:27 AM

Default Re: What\'s your ball of choice?

Maxfli Revolution which they don't make now, so I guess I'll be switching to Maxfli Fire.

Revs were just as good as PRoV's and half the price.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
According to my Titleist rep, the Solo is slightly lighter than most balls.
It is somewhat easier to get into the air and carry for those with low clubhead spead.

Seniors, ladies, kids, Evan?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]
I can assure your my clubhead speed is plenty high enough to hit any ball on the market.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha I'm just givin you a hard time [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a Pro V1x guy but if you are looking for a good cheap ball try the Top Flight D2 "feel" ball. People are really liking this thing for twelve bucks a dozen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read a bunch a reviews about this ball after reading this. Nothing but good things. So what did I do? I went to Walmart at lunch today and bought two 15 packs for $16 each. I played 9 holes with them today, didn't miss a green, shot 37. Ball springs off the driver, somewhat superball feeling off the irons, feels great to putt, VERY durable. It's no ProV1, but it's not Top Flight either. I was really surprised and impressed by this ball.

I never EVER thought I would actually buy rock flights...but hey...I'm a fan now.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:07 PM

I tried the Top Flite D2 Feel yesterday. First impression was pretty positive. Didn't feel like a Rock Flite. Workable. Don't have a good sense for distance because the course was wet. Same for spin.

Giving it another go today and tomorrow - if results continue to be good, I may make this my regular non-tournament ball.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:44 PM

Im a fan of Nike Balls, I just got serious so normally Id just buy 5 of whatever was in the pro shop used bin, and have hit a few of everything, and like the Nike the best, so I went and got Power Distance Soft today.

I think my ProV1 experience sucked cause it was slightly cracked.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am a Pro V1x guy but if you are looking for a good cheap ball try the Top Flight D2 "feel" ball. People are really liking this thing for twelve bucks a dozen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read a bunch a reviews about this ball after reading this. Nothing but good things. So what did I do? I went to Walmart at lunch today and bought two 15 packs for $16 each. I played 9 holes with them today, didn't miss a green, shot 37. Ball springs off the driver, somewhat superball feeling off the irons, feels great to putt, VERY durable. It's no ProV1, but it's not Top Flight either. I was really surprised and impressed by this ball.

I never EVER thought I would actually buy rock flights...but hey...I'm a fan now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played 5 rounds with this ball now. I really like it, nothing negative to say at $15.99/15pk. I played today on some softer greens and the ball spun and checked up nicely. It's funny when a partner helps me locate a ball and I say I'm playing a Top-Flite, I've gotten quite a few comments.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:30 AM

I like ProV1s, but I think I like the NXT Tour more for my money.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:48 AM

Hx tours are absolutely unbelievable in the wind

other than that i think they play the same as the pro v's so i just play the HX
Old 05-29-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to use a ProV1 (392) for the par 3 holes, but prefer Callaway War Birds for the longer holes.

Just curious what kind of balls you guys use, or is there one I should try?

[/ QUOTE ]

Illegal, btw.

I've been between the Pro V1 and the Pro V1x for the last year and a half. I hit the X for the first time and picked up about 10 yards of carry throughout the bag but felt like I had less control from inside 120. I've made some changes to my scoring clubs and have enjoyed the distance gained from the X and nearly the same control as the Pro V1.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like to use a ProV1 (392) for the par 3 holes, but prefer Callaway War Birds for the longer holes.

Just curious what kind of balls you guys use, or is there one I should try?

[/ QUOTE ]

Illegal, btw.

I've been between the Pro V1 and the Pro V1x for the last year and a half. I hit the X for the first time and picked up about 10 yards of carry throughout the bag but felt like I had less control from inside 120. I've made some changes to my scoring clubs and have enjoyed the distance gained from the X and nearly the same control as the Pro V1.

[/ QUOTE ]Not illegal for amatuers, as long as you play the same type of ball throughout a hole (not sswitch when putting for example), then it's fine to play different balls on different holes. Only the pros must start and finish with the same type of ball.